Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Svech, Necas, Bean exempt.

Rangers announced their 5 (yes, 5) alternate captains today. Out Caneing the Canes.
Eeks. Necas was signed on ELC for 2017-18 already and played the year as pro in the Czech league. That might count as a pro year and thusly he'd have two full ones under his belt in June 2020.

Unless the Slide voids it from being counted as technically the contractual ELC year didn't officially happen. It probably does and he's exempt.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Eeks. Necas was signed on ELC for 2017-18 already and played the year as pro in the Czech league. That might count as a pro year and thusly he'd have two full ones under his belt in June 2020.

Unless the Slide voids it from being counted as technically the contractual ELC year didn't officially happen. It probably does and he's exempt.

I think "pro year" is the same as determining the elc slide.

Caps drafted Jacob Vrana in 2014. He played his D+1 2014-15 in Sweden, then made his north American debut in 2015 with Hershey. He wasn't protected or listed on the NHLs list of available players, so I think he was exempt from the 2017 expansion draft.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Hmm, Leafs didn't have to protect Nylander in 2017 even though Nylander split 2014-15 between Modo and the Marlies. Best guess is the "slide years" do not count against the experience as they likewise do not count against the ELC

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I think "pro year" is the same as determining the elc slide.

Caps drafted Jacob Vrana in 2014. He played his D+1 2014-15 in Sweden, then made his north American debut in 2015 with Hershey. He wasn't protected or listed on the NHLs list of available players, so I think he was exempt from the 2017 expansion draft.

Reporting seems to confirm that he was exempt. It's sensible, too.

I'm forever mad they didn't publicize the actual legal rules, but only journo-reported abridged versions. NHL.com at that time knew to tell that:

"All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits)."

That doesn't much help with determining if the special cases are exempt. There's some crazy crap with late birthday players who were drafted from CHL and are playing in AHL, who because of the special CHL rules get their AHL year counted as pro year even if they're sliding their ELC. Our Gauthier will be one of these guys and probably will not be exempt.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Hmm, Leafs didn't have to protect Nylander in 2017 even though Nylander split 2014-15 between Modo and the Marlies. Best guess is the "slide years" do not count against the experience as they likewise do not count against the ELC

I have understood that is the starting point, maybe because of the awkward ELC-related contractual reasons by which the year "doesn't count" and is pretended to have never happened as the salary and RFA status goes. The CHL-AHL thing though will exceptionally see that it counts as a pro year nevertheless.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Every single time I see this thread title on the list, "Enter Sandman" pops into my head.

It's been 9 days and I come here multiple times a day...

There's a Finnish pretty direct translation version of the bedtine prayer in the end of the song that has freaked out generations of kids, because the third line "if from my rest I shouldn't rise" can also be heard as "if The Surrogator should arise".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad