Around The League Part 10: Sleep with one eye open

Status
Not open for further replies.

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC
I sleep with one eye open so I can
See you breathing (I sleep with one eye open)

maxresdefault.jpg

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Zack Smith waived by OTT. Canes need a center and here is a veteran option, albeit not a great one. Problem is, he is owed a lot of money over the next 3 years for what he brings. He also struggled badly last year so no idea if he has anything left so would need @Sens1Canes2 to weigh in on that.

Doubt Canes would claim him at that salary, but maybe if he clears (and has something in the tank), they could investigate a trade with retention.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Zack Smith waived by OTT. Canes need a center and here is a veteran option, albeit not a great one. Problem is, he is owed a lot of money over the next 3 years for what he brings. He also struggled badly last year so no idea if he has anything left so would need @Sens1Canes2 to weigh in on that.

Doubt Canes would claim him at that salary, but maybe if he clears (and has something in the tank), they could investigate a trade with retention.

I think we've moved beyond the 'claim trash off the waiver wire' stage.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Really don't see us claiming one of these goalies. I think we'll run with what we had and see what happens. I don't think there will be any problem acquiring a goalie of that caliber if needed in season. And it's an awful idea to go with three goalies while waiting to see if one or both of our guys fails.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Really don't see us claiming one of these goalies. I think we'll run with what we had and see what happens. I don't think there will be any problem acquiring a goalie of that caliber if needed in season. And it's an awful idea to go with three goalies while waiting to see if one or both of our guys fails.

Agree. If the goalies had been terrible so far in camp/pre-season, that would be one thing, but they haven't been as far as I can tell.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Agree. If the goalies had been terrible so far in camp/pre-season, that would be one thing, but they haven't been as far as I can tell.
Well, let's hold that thought until we see how the baby Canes and Darling do against a pretty NHL talent heavy Preds team. We may want to revisit this statement tonight at 11 pm and before the waiver deadline expires.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Well, let's hold that thought until we see how the baby Canes and Darling do against a pretty NHL talent heavy Preds team. We may want to revisit this statement tonight at 11 pm and before the waiver deadline expires.

Why? Are you really going to judge a goalie when he has a mostly AHL team in front of him against a top NHL team with all their starters who are using this game as an NHL tune up?

EDIT: Just curious, are there a lot of NHL goalies out there that were picked up off of waivers that amounted to something? (serious question as I don't know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->