Around The League; Offseason

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I mean you could probably title it 2021-22 Around the League now

Also I remember when they signed those contracts. Time flies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Those dead cap hits:

tenor.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Is Suter really needed? Does he really bring anything the Avs don't already have? I just don't see the point.

Suter really isn't that much better than Keith, but his stats look better because the Wylde were better able to shelter him.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Just bizarre they would do this now, especially Suter. He's got two years as a top 4 guy left in him at least. Plus the cash on their contracts is so minimal going forward, they could have moved the deals in a couple of years. They must be getting the screws really tightened from Kaprizov's agent and felt this was needed to keep him around.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Is Suter really needed? Does he really bring anything the Avs don't already have? I just don't see the point.

Suter really isn't that much better than Keith, but his stats look better because the Wylde were better able to shelter him.

Badly need some veteran presence back there, plus yeah he's better than the guys the Avs put out there at the bottom. You wouldn't take the contract he has, but at a reduced price and term he's perfectly fine. Give him 2 years and he rolls off just as the cap may be increasing.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

As a #4D, I think he'd be great at least for next season and possibly more.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Just bizarre they would do this now, especially Suter. He's got two years as a top 4 guy left in him at least. Plus the cash on their contracts is so minimal going forward, they could have moved the deals in a couple of years. They must be getting the screws really tightened from Kaprizov's agent and felt this was needed to keep him around.
The timing suggests that they're doing this now to ensure that they can go 7+3+1 in the ExD without losing Dumba or Greenway.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
As a #4D, I think he'd be great at least for next season and possibly more.

The Avs have enough defensemen as is. It doesn't solve the issue with finding a legit RHD to partner with Girard, and I don't think he'd be a massive upgrade over Byram...or even Timmins.

Avs have much, much bigger needs they need to address first. They gotta get themselves sorted out at center, and I'd like for them to weigh all possible options before just settling with a long-term deal for Grubauer. The defense will be much better next season by default because, one hopes, Graves and Nemeth will be gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad