Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News

Status
Not open for further replies.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
PLD stocks on a sharp decline. Sucks for CBJ they always seem to be in this situation even though they always try and seem to stay competitive.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Does anyone know what Dubois wants?

Does he just want to leave Columbus or does he want to be somewhere specific?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No one knows. If i had to guess, his nose was put out of joint by his contract negotiations, AND he is fed up with Tort's abrasive style. I don't think this if the RyJo situation. I never heard anything but good things about PLD till this mess, whereas there were rumblings about RyJo's lack of fitness and effort beforehand.

Last edited:

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Avs lose to the Kings tonight. Our 3-1 road trip looking better and better.

Hopefully our home record will stay strong without fans.

No one knows. If i had to guess, his nose was put out of joint by his contract negotiations, AND he is fed up with Tort's abrasive style. I don't think this if this RyJo situation. I never heard anything but good things about PLD till this mess, whereas there were rumblings about RyJo's lack of fitness and effort beforehand.
Since this seemed to come out of nowhere your probably right. Bad contract negotiations made it a "business" relationship.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com

Does this mean Al Trautwig and Gary Green are back? I really really hope so.

hqdefault (2).jpg

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't know if he has left the fam here, and gone to live in a seedy hotel in Buffalo by himself, but he has got quite the head of hair going on. Before you know it he'll be joining Burns on Vikings.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I don't know if he has left the fam here, and gone to live in a seedy hotel in Buffalo by himself, but he has got quite the head of hair going on. Before you know it he'll be joining Burns on Vikings.

It's a real spicy salad! I hope he keeps potting goals for them. I always liked the Sabres and I always liked Staal.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I actually Think Columbus got the better of this Deal!
Players of Dubois’ caliber come around a hell of a lot more often that players like Laine. They may have just traded away a player who will score 50 at some point.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Yeah but I think in some ways it was good for each player.

What is obvious to me is that we would have had to trade away things that we probably didn't want to or simply didn't have.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So PLD has to quarantine for two weeks going to Canada. Gotta be annoying for Canadian teams looking to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad