Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Not surprising. He probably earned being the highest paid player. That's not saying he's the best player, just that he's the best one that needed a contract extension right now.
Theyve done a great job with their squad. Its only 100k (IIRC) over McDavids deal so its not earth shattering. Theyre a fun team to watch.

Reactions: BagHead

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think we can talk about it happening, the fact that it occurred. Whether it's good or bad for the franchise, I'm not certain.
Wasn't it once said, if the Wild win the cup, it would cost them 4 cups? :sarcasm:

Think of all the Cups we will lose by winning a Cup.
I knew I wasn't the only one who remembered that! :laugh:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Fiala: omg...how did I end up here :laugh:

I wonder what he's been doing this summer, looks like he's been run over by a freight train.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Fiala with a good preseason game last night. Slick goal and primary assist on the OT winner.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Better hope for his usual slow start, or you'll be a broken man by December.

Not sure if that'll happen, sounds like LA is actually giving him linemates to play with.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
hey we gave him linemates!

We definitely put two other humans that play forward on the ice at the same time as him.

Disclaimer: Boldy is a real linemate, but he still didn't get that until January of his third year here.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
We definitely put two other humans that play forward on the ice at the same time as him.

Disclaimer: Boldy is a real linemate, but he still didn't get that until January of his third year here.
Indeed I agree and just wanted to make a funny. Fiala should flourish in LA and put up 80 with ease. I will miss seeing him in a wild sweater. I dont hate BG for trading him as the sell on what it would take to keep him might not of been too simple in the eyes of people who have an opinion on that matter. I made up my roster long ago of ELC players and siging Fiala to a nice extension. I would of done that in a heart beat but here we are.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
It was a typical Fiala game, mediocre in the first half with a couple of penalties, then was dangerous every time he touched it with the beauty toe drag and snipe goal. Pre-season hockey, he will need to find chemistry. Kopitar looked like he was skating in mud, kind of a continuation of his skating decline over the past two years, still a pretty effective player but no longer the dominant center that he was, will be interesting if Fiala stays with him long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad