Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Wilson is a habitual line stepper and multi offender. Trying to slam helmet less players heads into the ice is pshyco behavior.

Rangers have every right to demand for that job if all he gets is a 5k fine.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
TSN believes the Rangers could face a huge fine, maybe a million or more, for this public statement where they're basically throwing the league's head of players safety under the bus. And the Capitals tweeted they will not comment on the statement, but leave it to the league to decide what to do about the public verbal attack on their player.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
TSN believes the Rangers could face a huge fine, maybe a million or more, for this public statement where they're basically throwing the league's head of players safety under the bus. And the Capitals tweeted they will not comment on the statement, but leave it to the league to decide what to do about the public verbal attack on their player.
They don't care. They are a bankroll to the league and they clearly were willing to pay any fine for the outburst.

Good for them as any major fine will only reinforce the negative pr to the league.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm sure they will face a huge fine for it, yeah. They obviously feel an injustice has been done, and they're willing to pay the price to voice it.

Reactions: TaLoN

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
The league learned nothing from the Bertuzzi / Moore incident. And honestly, maybe this is what it'll take. I'm not advocating for it, but it absolutely wouldn't shock me if someone took him out bounty style on the ice. Could be, only then, do the league and Wilson himself will have to deal with it. Would be terrible for the game, but I don't know how a team doesn't finally get fed up with their star players being damaged by that puke.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The league learned nothing from the Bertuzzi / Moore incident. And honestly, maybe this is what it'll take. I'm not advocating for it, but it absolutely wouldn't shock me if someone took him out bounty style on the ice. Could be, only then, do the league and Wilson himself will have to deal with it. Would be terrible for the game, but I don't know how a team doesn't finally get fed up with their star players being damaged by that puke.
Nothing is gained by beating up Tom Wilson. If you want to get the attention of Washington and the NHL, you put Ovechkin or Backstrom in the hospital.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Nothing is gained by beating up Tom Wilson. If you want to get the attention of Washington and the NHL, you put Ovechkin or Backstrom in the hospital.
Rumors are the rangers are calling up some 6’4 fighter for Wednesday night. Maybe this happens? Could see an old school blood bath

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Perhaps it's time to stop putting goons in charge of goons.
Former players should have no place in "player safety". They view the game from the mindset of the era they played in. They do not see the modernized medical viewpoints that shows what is dangerous by today's standards.

Until the NHL gets an independent look at player safety, crap like this will continue. There is nothing serious player safety-wise with the NHL's current approach. It's simply a joke. Has been for as long as the department has existed.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Whole athletic article on Wilson. From players and others all agreeing the guy is a problem.

Hello bad PR NHL. Rangers play working.

Reactions: Pinchy11

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
newhook debuting tonight. Hardman, Newhook, and Knight all getting their debuts.

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Can Boldy be far behind? Who is Hartman?
Mike Hardman, another one of Boldy's BC teammates. Didn't even realize he was already playing in Chicago.

I am feeling weirdly patient with Boldy in Iowa right now. I can see the sense in taking a look at him before the playoffs, but it kind of feels like everyone's in the right spot right now.

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Iowa's last game is 5/15....will Boldy be called up for the playoffs?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Mike Hardman, another one of Boldy's BC teammates. Didn't even realize he was already playing in Chicago.

I am feeling weirdly patient with Boldy in Iowa right now. I can see the sense in taking a look at him before the playoffs, but it kind of feels like everyone's in the right spot right now.
Exactly how I feel. Bringing him up and playing him in Parise's spot doesn't seem to be the play. The only place that makes sense is on Fiala's line. Pretty hard to jump in and perform on a team that is ramping up to playoff intensity, and who seems to have unreal chemistry.

It would be a different story if we had injury problems.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Exactly how I feel. Bringing him up and playing him in Parise's spot doesn't seem to be the play. The only place that makes sense is on Fiala's line. Pretty hard to jump in and perform on a team that is ramping up to playoff intensity, and who seems to have unreal chemistry.

It would be a different story if we had injury problems.
To be fair they don’t exactly have anyone who has chemistry with Fiala so maybe they start something?

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
I thought the Fiala line had been rolling the last few games? Which would mean they have chemistry?

Fiala himself has been. I dunno if I'd call it good chemistry so much as Fiala regaining his superstar form from end of last season.

Boldy's probably as ready as he'll ever be IMO. If all the other guys his age are moving to the NHL, it's time for him to shit or get off the pot.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I thought the Fiala line had been rolling the last few games? Which would mean they have chemistry?
Yeah agree above Fiala has been going off but his line mates keep changing so I don’t know how you can say his line is doing well unless you just mean whoever he carries does well that game?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The Rangers were eliminated from the playoffs, I guess there are some hurt feelings...
Childish statement.

Wilson has the right to defend himself, he was attacked by at least four players.
He was fined $5,000 for that Buchnevich facewash, this started the spectacle. Fair enough.
This is one of the stupidest statements i've seen in a long time.

Facewash? He was holding Buchnevich's face against the ice, and punched him in the head. There isn't much give in the ice. Incredibly dangerous.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Perhaps it's time to stop putting goons in charge of goons.

Honestly, I've given up on the NHL and discipline. I just post here, because you guys are my friends and I do follow the Wild, but not as closely as I did. Kaprizov has been a treat.

But Fiala getting 3 for his hit, and Wilson getting nothing just highlights the absurd nature of the NHL. If you're not in a huge market, the NHL does what it wants. Does anyone remember McLeod slamming Spurgeon face first into the boards? Or jumping Granlund? Or el Nino not getting seen by a doctor? Or the burying of Boogaard's drug abuse? Or Kreider's hit on Brodin or...or...And on the flip side, Bouchard's 'stick' or Coyle's hit...it's just comical at this point that the NHL is no longer fun to watch.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
This is one of the stupidest statements i've seen in a long time.

Facewash? He was holding Buchnevich's face against the ice, and punched him in the head. There isn't much give in the ice. Incredibly dangerous.

That "punch" didn't do much harm, Buchie wasn't exactly knocked out, he jumped up and went back into the scrum. Still cost Wilson 5 grand, that's fair. Then Wilson and Panarin wrestled, since when did a player get a suspension for this?

A lot of people think the reaction from the Rangers was ridiculous. Wilson wasn't even ejected from the game, the league's response was correct imo.

But if the Caps are smart they shouldn't play Wilson tonight, to focus on the game. The Rangers have nothing to play for, they will just be out there to look for revenge on a certain player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad