tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
why is that? there must be something else going on

No idea yet...just twitter chatter.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2h
Rumors abound of a potential shakeup in the executive suite of Buffalo Sabres. I've asked the principals for comment. No response thus far.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1h
The BUF rumors I tweeted about earlier focus primarily but not exclusively on Pat LaFontaine. Still no comment from anyone in BUF.

CChris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL 1h
Told the Sabres are "still trying to work out some internal issues." But doesn't sound promising.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL 2h
May be relevant today: LaFontaine quit Isles after 40 days in 2006 when Wang hired Snow and Pat didn't have any input.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL 2h
Sounds like some more front office dysfunction with the Sabres. Word should get out soon.

Wetcoaster

And the Jets tie the Canucks with 66 points and 62 games played.

Ondrej Pavelec stops 39 of 40 shots making some spectacular saves in 3-1 win. Pavelec is 9-3 since the coaching change. The Jets continued their winning ways under new head coach Paul Maurice, improving to 11-3-1 since he replaced the fired Claude Noel.

Maybe the Canucks should have hired Paul Maurice to replace AV?

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
Barnaby says nothing to do with the trade and he's guessing both Lafontaine and Nolan are gone. If so... Wow.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Firing Ted Nolan after the job he's done there, after the good trade they made, is like taking two steps forward than one step back.

Wetcoaster

Firing Ted Nolan after the job he's done there, after the good trade they made, is like taking two steps forward than one step back.
Given Ted Nolan's history this would not be a surprise.

And he is not Tim Murray's guy, he was hired by Lafontaine.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
he is gone

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1h
BUF announces Pat LaFontaine has resigned as president of the Sabres and returned to work for NHL head office in NYC.

Wetcoaster

Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud
The last straw was the Ryan Miller trade. Pat Lafontaine was pushing to give Miller an extension. Tim Murray was pushing for a trade.

Now whither Ted Nolan???

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
So... Pat hired a man whose moves he disagreed with?

There actually might be a team more dysfunctional than us

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'd agree with Lafontaine that if you can re-sign the guy you do it. They may collect a bunch of assets but finding an excellent starting goaltender is difficult at times and sub-par goaltending can sink a rebuild quickly.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I'd agree with Lafontaine that if you can re-sign the guy you do it. They may collect a bunch of assets but finding an excellent starting goaltender is difficult at times and sub-par goaltending can sink a rebuild quickly.

I think Miller would be a good mentor short-term for Saber future starting goalie....I thought Lafontaine is Murray boss and he can't make a trade witout his approval?

Wetcoaster

The snow has been coming down hard at Soldier Field as the Pens and Hawks play on...

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs
If a Penguin complains about playing in a blizzard, I'm not paying any attention #Penguins #Blackhawks

:laugh:

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 17m
#Blackhawks score, up 1-0, Sharp rings one in off the far post. He'd like to keep the puck but it got lost in the snow in #Penguins net

Wetcoaster

And the snow continues to fall at Soldier Field...

Bhr_PeYCAAAsNej.jpg

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 10m
Brian Babineau's beautiful painting, er, photo of #StadiumSeries game at Soldier Field #Blackhawks #Pens

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
There was so much snow at one point, that when they shoveled the rink completely, it needed to be shoveled again.

Now that brings back memories on the outdoor rink.

Wetcoaster

There was so much snow at one point, that when they shoveled the rink completely, it needed to be shoveled again.

Now that brings back memories on the outdoor rink.
They should have moved the game - maybe to a neutral site like Dodger Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad