Around The League LIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
watching the Canucks is torture compared to this hawks pens game. Patrick Kane and Toews are awesome. I remember when the Sedins were fun to watch for that 1 1/2 seasons.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
so Hossa is injuried

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=707168

CHICAGO -- Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa sustained an apparent upper-body injury in the first period of the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series against the Pittsburgh Penguins at Soldier Field on Saturday night and will not return.

Hossa, who has 24 goals and 50 points in 56 games, played 4:18 in the first. He did not have a shot on goal.

No further details of the injury were provided by the Blackhawks. Chicago held a 1-0 lead after the first period.

Wetcoaster

For those who were pushing for Taylor Hall to be on Team Canada, the first goal scored by the Flames Monahan against the putrid Oilers showed clearly why he was not selected.

Without the puck on his stick Hall is utterly clueless. He had Monahan and then just turned away from him in front of the net allowing him room to bury the puck. :shakehead

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
For those who were pushing for Taylor Hall to be on Team Canada, the first goal scored by the Flames Monahan against the putrid Oilers showed clearly why he was not selected.

Without the puck on his stick Hall is utterly clueless. He had Monahan and then just turned away from him in front of the net allowing him room to bury the puck. :shakehead

Monahan looks like the best young player on the ice for either team. Ironically he's exactly what the Oilers have needed for years and haven't been able to draft. And i totally agree on Hall, when he's not rushing with the puck he's pretty clueless.

Wetcoaster

Cherry ranting about fighters having to wear helmets and visors.

"I was a fighter, I know what I am talking about."

Pretty clearly Cherry took a few too many head shots back in the day and it has exacerbated his senile dementia.

If Kevin Westgarth when he was KO'ed by Gazdic was not wearing a helmet he could have suffered even more damage with his head hitting the ice.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Chicago is such a fast team. Their transition game allows Bickell to get easy 2 on 1s.

Leafs/Habs OT had more excitement then our entire season.

Oilers make me grateful that our team actually plays a system. Completely clueless in the most basic situations.

Wetcoaster

Chicago is such a fast team. Their transition game allows Bickell to get easy 2 on 1s.

Leafs/Habs OT had more excitement then our entire season.

Oilers make me grateful that our team actually plays a system. Completely clueless in the most basic situations.
The Leafs/Habs was one of the most deadly dull games until the last couple of minutes.

Even Montreal Gazette hockey writer Dave Stubbs was tuning it out to watch the Pens and Bruins. And he was at the Bell Centre.

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs
Do yourself a favour. Bail on #Habs #Leafs. Watch #Pens #Blackhawks.

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs
I've seen many, many #Habs #Leafs games in my life. I'm sorry I'm seeing this one. Higher the hopes, I guess, harder the crash

arsmaster*

Cherry ranting about fighters having to wear helmets and visors.

"I was a fighter, I know what I am talking about."

Pretty clearly Cherry took a few too many head shots back in the day and it has exacerbated his senile dementia.

If Kevin Westgarth when he was KO'ed by Gazdic was not wearing a helmet he could have suffered even more damage with his head hitting the ice.

Cherry was telling the truth. If Gazdic wasn't forced to, he wouldn't be wearing a visor.

It's an unfair advantage on the opponent who isn't wearing one.

No issue with what cherry said there.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
A lot of team would like to be chicago.....the loss of Hossa to injury will hurt

Hossa's injury will hurt, but the Hawks will still find ways to win. They have depth that can replace Hossa for a short period. I'm extremely jealous of that.

Wetcoaster

Cherry was telling the truth. If Gazdic wasn't forced to, he wouldn't be wearing a visor.

It's an unfair advantage on the opponent who isn't wearing one.

No issue with what cherry said there.
He was also talking about helmets being kept on (if helmets could be removed then no visor issue) which has he has ranted about in the past.

For years I was opposed to removing fighting but no longer, not with all the recent studies on the long term effects of concussions.

The NHL is doing everything it can to limit blows to the head yet it still permits two guys to whale away at each other's head - makes no sense.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Hossa's injury will hurt, but the Hawks will still find ways to win. They have depth that can replace Hossa for a short period. I'm extremely jealous of that.

which depth player on chicago that could potentially replace Hossa temporary? from what I read from hawks fan baord, they bring up Morin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad