Around The League LIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Sorta hope the Canucks sneak into the playoffs and sweep the blues again just because all this "omg blues are unbeatable" is already getting on my nerves.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Sorta hope the Canucks sneak into the playoffs and sweep the blues again just because all this "omg blues are unbeatable" is already getting on my nerves.

Agreed x 1000.

It's like a random 2 year narrative that has come up randomly despite having the Kings spank them in consecutive appearances.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity

yes please.......there still problem with the blues especially center depth.backes as your number 1 center is an issue

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver

That's funny, I was just discussing this the other day. If the Canucks get in, it means they have been playing decent hockey, and if they're playing decent hockey heading into the post season, I'm not sure the Blues would want any part of facing them in the first round.

Canucks could easily get hot and surprise a team in the first round.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

never forget the "hand the Penguins the Cup already" thread during the 2011-12 season

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
never forget the "hand the Penguins the Cup already" thread during the 2011-12 season

why handed the pens the cup in 11/12 season? all I remember is crosby hurt and Malkin just came from surgery. What make them the favourite to win? are you sure it not 12/13 when they got Iginla?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
STL is solid though, with Miller. I like their chances better this year. Good deal for Buffalo too.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
the blues' issues in the playoffs were never goals against, it was goals for which is not something that improves with the additions of miller and ott

i like the trade but the team still has a lack of high end skilled forwards compared to other contenders

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
STL is a very solid two way team—deep forward core, deep defense, solid goaltender. They'll do well if they stay healthy, I kind of liken them to the LA team. Lots of 25g, 50 point forwards peppered in the top 9, good 4th line.

Will be interesting to see where they take it.

Stewart has always been a boom or bust player for them, picking up Ott is a good tradeoff.

Wetcoaster

Seems there was not a lot of advance planning to replace Miller:

022814-33-NHL-Sabres-Ryan-Vinz-OB-PI.vadapt.955.medium.20.jpg

Something crazy happened Friday night in Buffalo.

The Sabres traded their No. 1 goalie Ryan Miller to the St. Louis Blues.

That's not the crazy part.

This is: All NHL teams must have a backup goalie so the Sabres, desperate for a body after the late trade, picked the team's former video scout, Ryan Vinz, to dress for Friday's game against the San Jose Sharks.

The only problem with that? Vinz, 28, isn't a professional hockey player. He's the team's former video scout who tried to walk-on to his college team while at Clarkson but didn't make the squad. Instead, he served as Clarkson's video coordinator for four years.

He's currently the Director of Hockey Technology at a company in Buffalo called HarborCenter.​
http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/sto...use-video-scout-as-their-backup-goalie-022814

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
That's funny, I was just discussing this the other day. If the Canucks get in, it means they have been playing decent hockey, and if they're playing decent hockey heading into the post season, I'm not sure the Blues would want any part of facing them in the first round.

well yes that would be a complete surprise but how good would it be long term, lower draft pick this year, no realistic expectation to stroke gold 2 rounds really?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Seems like a big win for Buffalo. I'm not sure who STL was heavily outbidding, I can't think of anyone, so I think they got played and may have ended up bidding against themselves.

Miller: 2015 1st , Carrier, conditional 2014 1st (if they go deep or resign Miller) or a 3rd if neither

Ott: Stewart

Halak basically a dump.

Wonder what they will flip Stewart for (probably hold him and sell at next years deadline for 2015 1st)

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Seems like a big win for Buffalo. I'm not sure who STL was heavily outbidding, I can't think of anyone, so I think they got played and may have ended up bidding against themselves.

Miller: 2015 1st , Carrier, conditional 2014 1st (if they go deep or resign Miller) or a 3rd if neither

Ott: Stewart

Halak basically a dump.

Wonder what they will flip Stewart for (probably hold him and sell at next years deadline for 2015 1st)

the biggest gamble is potential to lose two 1st round pick if Blues makes WCF or Miller resign so I think Blues fans hope the team win the cup because two pick will be gone if they are eliminated in WCF or lose in stanley final. I say it either WCF or Miller resign

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

Pretty much my take on it.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Pretty rare to see an established goalie traded at the deadline, interesting deal.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Pretty rare to see an established goalie traded at the deadline, interesting deal.

I thought it was strange for the blues to upgrade goaltending but that is not their weakness....improve forward core with more dangerous forward would be the first choice...I guess Miller is an ugrade to Halark?

yikes another 1-0 loss for the blues twice in a row!

Last edited:

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
This kind of goals wasn't uncommon with the Canucks a while back. Now it seems like it is from a higher tier.

[NHL]2013020899-529-h[/NHL]

Wetcoaster

Some milestones.

Washington Capitals ‏@washcaps
RT to congratulate @ovi8 on his 800th career NHL point!
Caps lead the Bruins 3-1
BhqgVqoCQAA8afV.jpg

NHL ‏@NHL
The milestones keep rolling in! MT @NHLDevils: GOAL! No. 700 for Jaromir Jagr!
New Jersey leads NY! 4-1.
BhqQdf7IMAAbUCQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad