Around the League: It Smells Like Hockey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Watched the Ducks vs Kings game last night.

That game was in slow motion compared to our games. So many big/slow players who cant create much of anything with speed thru the neutral zone.

I do agree that our team could use some size/grit/intensity but I'm extremely happy we've gone the speed/skill route and in some peoples mind overboard.

Reactions: stickty111

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Peter Holland could have had a much more significant NHL career. He's got the talent. He had a chance here with this rising young team. He could have been the best 4th line center in hockey.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Surprised Zadina didn't make the roster. Guess they're sticking to bringing them up slowly.

Lazar on waivers.

Think the Phantoms could be good this year.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Peter Holland could have had a much more significant NHL career. He's got the talent. He had a chance here with this rising young team. He could have been the best 4th line center in hockey.

I think if a coach had given him more of an opportunity earlier on he could have carved out a niche as a regular depth player

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Urho Vaakanainen appears to have made the Bruins team out of camp... Second teenage defender to debut for Boston in recent years....

I was very high on Vaakanainen, and he was drafted one spot after Liljegren in the 2017 draft.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Urho Vaakanainen appears to have made the Bruins team out of camp... Second teenage defender to debut for Boston in recent years....

I was very high on Vaakanainen, and he was drafted one spot after Liljegren in the 2017 draft.

Liljegren was drafted as a raw talent, and Toronto has been taking the 90s Red Wings approach to development in recent years. I'm not surprised Vaakanainen made it to the NHL first, especially on a Boston team that can shelter young D with good all around defensive play.

Reactions: stickty111

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Liljegren was drafted as a raw talent, and Toronto has been taking the 90s Red Wings approach to development in recent years. I'm not surprised Vaakanainen made it to the NHL first, especially on a Boston team that can shelter young D with good all around defensive play.

Oh, I'm well aware of your points and still prefer Liljegren over Vaakanainen... I was hoping we'd draft Vaakanainen as I didn't think Liljegren would drop to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad