Around the League: It Smells Like Hockey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Here is the Flyers' new mascot as a kid with his family and before the substance abuse:

iu

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Who the heck is going to play centre for Ottawa then? Seems like a cheap Melnyk move.

Apparently they tried to trade him in the summer but, unless they took something back, they couldn't get it done.

If Ottawa retained I wouldn't be opposed to Smith as a #4C

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Who the heck is going to play centre for Ottawa then? Seems like a cheap Melnyk move.

Apparently they tried to trade him in the summer but, unless they took something back, they couldn't get it done.

If Ottawa retained I wouldn't be opposed to Smith as a #4C

Too much term for a guy who seemed to lost his legs last year. Par Lindholm is a better option.

Heck, there's free agents I'd rather sign than Zach Smith.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Maybe some NHL team might consider Zack Smith at 50% retention. Can you believe it, he also has a partial no trade. I don't get why they wouldn't just play him otherwise. Do they want Colorado to draft 1st overall?

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010

Id agree on the McCarron angle.
Id like him though in the AHL. Not a ton of RW depth in the AHL that is NHL quality, and having a big guy who can bang and protect our young assets would be nice.
If he can progress more (still youngish at 23) he could be a solid 4th liner. Just have him work with nothing but the skating coach every day for the rest of the year. If he can get a quicker 1st step/ get a bit better on his edges he could be a solid 4th line banger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad