Around the League: It Smells Like Hockey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
:laugh: Bergevin... Re-signing Byron for 4 years...
That team needs to choose a direction. Reminds me of the old leafs... not good enough to make the playoffs, but still not rebuilding. Last year should've been a big enough warning sign.

+I should add, I'd much prefer if they don't choose a direction, better for the leafs

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
That team needs to choose a direction. Reminds me of the old leafs... not good enough to make the playoffs, but still not rebuilding. Last year should've been a big enough warning sign.

+I should add, I'd much prefer if they don't choose a direction, better for the leafs

Byron is like Matt Stajan circa 2008-09-10 getting primo ice time with Montreal's best forwards (Galchenyuk, Pacioretty and Gallagher) inflating his production. Like Stajan, he isn't a nothing player but he's replaceable bottom 6 fodder and it's insane when these guys get paid well. I think also like Stajan in Calgary, there's a real need to lock him up to boost the GM.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The Flyers are introducing a new mascot and wow is all I have to say at the design.

516a1cfa-e30d-4385-ae96-2099ea8a2d25-jpeg.141831

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sparks is better then both of them, and McElhinney is a proven NHL backup.

Sparks: 17GP | 0.893 SV% | 25 years old | 0.936 SV% last season (AHL)
McBackup: 186GP | 0.909 SV% | 35 years old | 0.934 SV% last season (NHL)
Hutchinson: 102GP | 0.910 SV% | 28 years old | 0.935 SV% last season (AHL)

Based on career stats, and last year stats, there is an arguement to be made that Hutchinson is the best option out of the three to claim off of waivers. He has a good sized NHL sample, he performed well last year. Still on the right side of 30.

I'm pretty certain that all 3 would clear waivers. Mainly because there's no one looking for a goalie. There's quality goalies in free agency who didn't even get PTO's. Maybe WSH takes a chance on one of them, but that depends on what their plan is for Ilya Samsonov and how they view Pheonix Copley.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Leafs place all of Sparks, Pickard and McBackup on waivers. If they clear, their value increases slightly because a team can trade for them and then stash them in their AHL team. It also allows the Leafs to extend their final decision by, I believe it's 30 days before whoever is in the NHL needs waivers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad