Around the League: It Smells Like Hockey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Anyone know what Doughty was saying about the leafs. Something like he only threw out the idea of signing with the leafs, to scare the Kings into giving him a big contract. Couldn't read past the paywall on the athletic. Anyone know if there is video? Also would like to see the full scrum video of Doughty talking about leafs being for real. Anyone have any other quotes?

links:

LeBrun: Honest as ever, Drew Doughty talks Maple Leafs, John...

and...

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
And Vegas loses Statsny for 2-3 months. That hurts.

Patches with 1 goal, that's his only point, in 6 games so far. Ouch. He should improve though.
Nice goal too. Haven't they scratched him a few times this season already? Is he actually at 6 games played?

bluumax

Mar 7, 2008
Thought the DOPS got it right with the Matheson suspension

Weird situation- on the one hand the push down seemed needlessly forceful, but on the other its just playing a guy hard and ive seen it/used to do it plenty of times.

The difference here is the kid's size, and people say it shouldn't be a factor but it is, all that muscle mass and well developed strength he doesn't have is the reason he hit his head so hard on the ice, so maybe theres something to be said for putting what is basically a child on the ice against men, then wondering why he gets hurt. Its taken less than 10 games for this to happen so if not Matheson with a questionable slam- then maybe a hard check from a guy the size of Lucic- the point is he was always gonna get hurt, it was just a matter of time and what "rough" play would become the new "cancer of the modern game"

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Anyone know what Doughty was saying about the leafs. Something like he only threw out the idea of signing with the leafs, to scare the Kings into giving him a big contract. Couldn't read past the paywall on the athletic. Anyone know if there is video? Also would like to see the full scrum video of Doughty talking about leafs being for real. Anyone have any other quotes?

links:

LeBrun: Honest as ever, Drew Doughty talks Maple Leafs, John...

and...

It seems that TSN took down the full scrum video. However, you can watch part of it (Maple Leafs, John Tavares, and staying in L.A.) in here (start at 0:30)
https://www.tsn.ca/video/doughty-this-time-i-definitely-think-the-leafs-are-for-real~1513812

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Wild off to a rough start too, could be big sellers this offseason.

Though ah this point hard to tell if Fenton will opt for a retool Over s full rebuild

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
Florida getting crushed again
Almost but Philadelphia’s goaltending had other plans

Wild off to a rough start too, could be big sellers this offseason.

Though ah this point hard to tell if Fenton will opt for a retool Over s full rebuild

I don’t think they can do a full rebuild. Not with the Parise and Suter contracts going until the end of time. They might be in one of the worst positions in the league going forward. Staal and Koivu getting up there in age too.

how long before the Oilers fire the coach?
He’s the least of their problems but no doubt is the first to go. If mcdavid can’t save him I wouldn’t be suprised if he’s gone before December.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
other than looking gigantic out there Laine is not noticeable, this is the 2nd game i have watched the Jets play this season.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Look McDavid is better than Matthews but I do wish the fact that McDavid has played 23 minutes a game this season vs only 18 for Matthews wasn't overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad