Around the League 43

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Neal has a great shot, maybe he’ll get it going in Edmonton. Lucic fits Calgary’s hard nosed play style. Pretty cool trade.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Neal has a far better chance of being a useful player than Lucic. Good trade for Edmonton given the circumstances.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Isn’t Lucic just broken and useless at this point?

He’s pretty damn slow, don’t expect him to put up points anymore. More of a 4th line goon than anything IMO. Edmonton has a chance to win big on this trade. Neal had a bad year but was really good before that.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
He’s pretty damn slow, don’t expect him to put up points anymore. More of a 4th line goon than anything IMO. Edmonton has a chance to win big on this trade. Neal had a bad year but was really good before that.

I thought I’ve read his skating is so bad he’s not even a good 4th liner at this point. If that’s true then he’s never getting that back and you can stick a fork in him.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I thought I’ve read his skating is so bad he’s not even a good 4th liner at this point. If that’s true then he’s never getting that back and you can stick a fork in him.

Yeah, he looked like one of the slower players in the league. Not sure why Calgary didn’t ask for more back.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, he looked like one of the slower players in the league. Not sure why Calgary didn’t ask for more back.

I barely watched Calgary last year but I’d imagine if healthy Neal could probably still score 15-20 goals.

Lucic doesn’t bring any positives at this point.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I barely watched Calgary last year but I’d imagine if healthy Neal could probably still score 15-20 goals.

Lucic doesn’t bring any positives at this point.

Pretty much. Neal is a good player. I believe I saw on NHLN he has some weird rituals like not showering even after playing hockey. And I mean, that is like the worst stench imaginable if you never played ice hockey and don’t know. There might be some behind the scenes stuff with Neal where he keeps moving around.

Reactions: hawksrule

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Pretty much. Neal is a good player. I believe I saw on NHLN he has some weird rituals like not showering even after playing hockey. And I mean, that is like the worst stench imaginable if you never played ice hockey and don’t know. There might be some behind the scenes stuff with Neal where he keeps moving around.
I used to not shower after having a terrible game. If you stunk on the ice, you deserve to stink off the ice - then I hit puberty and dropped that like a bad habit.

From the first look, doesn't look like a good move of CGY. Props to Lucic to bail on that ship.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I used to not shower after having a terrible game. If you stunk on the ice, you deserve to stink off the ice - then I hit puberty and dropped that like a bad habit.

From the first look, doesn't look like a good move of CGY. Props to Lucic to bail on that ship.

Does anyone remember some of the stories that came out of Russia back in the late 60's and 70's. Apparently they didn't shower prior to playing International events and their equipment was so old it probably smelled worse. Anything to win. :)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Will be interesting to see how this Flames/Oilers deal works out

I think Neal is more likely to bounce back but think this will turn out to be a non improvement for both teams going forward

Reactions: Race Bannon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad