Around the League 43

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not so sure about that. NJ (on paper) have improved quite a bit while SJ seem to be headed the other way.
SJ has played Vegas twice, NSH, and an improved ANA team. They actually have fared well in the advanced stats to begin the season.

I don't see NJ being a playoff team this year. I don't see a whole lot of improvement on the back end, and Hughes Gusev are still too green to make much of an impact IMO.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
The f*** is going on in this leafs/bolts game? Thought I missed a day game because it’s freaking 4-3 at first intermission.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Just watched OttWa beat TB by 4-2 score....2g 1a for newly acquired Vladislav Namesttikov who was the best player in the game even without his scoring..but very impressed by the full 60 and checking structure put in by the Seanators...Everyone in the team played very well and hard...good reads...good checking and switch-offs...four-shot and outscored TB and well deserved win..

Their D looked composed and structured...and their forwards checked well ..very impressed.

The Hawks could learn something about effort....competence and structure and all in team play from this textbook effort by the Sens...Not so much TB taking g them lightly but rather Ottawa played so well and stifled them
..TB limited to 1 shot on goal in 4pp chances...ya think the Hawks could do that?

And Ottawa had to play last half of the game withoutcAnisimov...so couldbonly play 3 centers..

So goidvon ya Sens.

Now if only our Blackhawks would wake up and commit so hard to play the right way full on 60 like this.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
ESPN+ is so worth the $5/month for hockey alone for those who don't want to splurge on Center Ice. Looking ahead to next Monday-Sunday they're airing 2 games every single night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad