Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Just wait till Bear learns Italian.

50inchcrate_300x.jpg

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Former Cane prospect Aleksi Saarela goes to play in Switzerland for the next season. He's on the FLA reserve list but not signed on NHL SPC since 19/20.

Reactions: DaveG

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Former Cane prospect Aleksi Saarela goes to play in Switzerland for the next season. He's on the FLA reserve list but not signed on NHL SPC since 19/20.

I remember he was a 'Can't believe the Canes let him go" guy.

Kuokkanen one of the few nobody cared about, and he amounted to something.

We're wrong so often, it's almost impressive.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I remember he was a 'Can't believe the Canes let him go" guy.

Kuokkanen one of the few nobody cared about, and he amounted to something.

We're wrong so often, it's almost impressive.
I cared about Kooks and was upset we traded him for a questionable rental, but otherwise I’m generally wrong. I didn’t think Roy would be anything, but was surprised we never gave him a shot. I’m still thinking Luostarinen could be something.

I supported Mcbain though, and that has become the Mcbain of my HF existence. I also supported Boychuk....

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I cared about Kooks and was upset we traded him for a questionable rental, but otherwise I’m generally wrong. I didn’t think Roy would be anything, but was surprised we never gave him a shot. I’m still thinking Luostarinen could be something.

I supported Mcbain though, and that has become the Mcbain of my HF existence. I also supported Boychuk....
I legit thought mcbain was going to be a star. What a bummer

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
There was a time where I supported everyone (Boychuk/Dalpe/Bowman) because you dumb dumbs told me to, and now I treat everyone like found money (including Necas until last year) because I’ve overcorrected.
I root for all our guys kind of blindly. I just prefer them over vets we traded for or other teams young guys we acquire. We follow them for years and usually really need them to help out. Being the fan of a mostly bad team my entire adult life made it hard not to be that way about them. Even if I think they’re going to fall short Ill follow them till the end.

I never thought Bowman was going to make it and actually heard enough local stories about him to make ya root against him.....but there I was till the end hoping against hope for that wrist shot.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I mean he started off like one. I remember him scoring some huge goal against Pittsburgh or something like that. He came out of college and put some points up. What could go wrong?!?

I was all in on McBain until Pitkanen got hurt. It became apparent that he was very bad, very quickly.

I remember I actually drove down for a game in what must’ve been his last season when the whole team was hurt and he made a play that made me question if he’d ever played organized hockey before.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Being the fan of a mostly bad team my entire adult life made it hard not to be that way about them.
Absolutely. It's almost like our grandparents who grew up in the Depression being penny-pinchers all their life...being the fan of a budget team nearly necessitates that prospects pay dividends, so even when the good times start to roll, you're still inclined to pinch those prospects.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I root for all our guys kind of blindly. I just prefer them over vets we traded for or other teams young guys we acquire. We follow them for years and usually really need them to help out. Being the fan of a mostly bad team my entire adult life made it hard not to be that way about them. Even if I think they’re going to fall short Ill follow them till the end.

I never thought Bowman was going to make it and actually heard enough local stories about him to make ya root against him.....but there I was till the end hoping against hope for that wrist shot.

Well, to clarify: I "support" all of them, certainly rooting for them. I just don't pencil anyone in anymore or make plans around guys being top 6/top 4/starting goalies. If Jarvis is a top 6er - great. But let's build our team assuming he's never going to pan out.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Absolutely. It's almost like our grandparents who grew up in the Depression being penny-pinchers all their life...being the fan of a budget team nearly necessitates that prospects pay dividends, so even when the good times start to roll, you're still inclined to pinch those prospects.
After being born and raised a forever .500 Whalers fan only to root for them in Carolina for mostly losing seasons for however decades long it’s been my prospect pinching ass is tight as a drum. You can’t take my Nick Dodge, not for the two bits they never even offered on the main board. Casey Borer knocked Ovechkin on his ass at the WJC, he’s a top four shutdown king forever to me.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I know its not really here or there, but I feel like pitkanen isn't lionized enough not just for his play but for being the sacrificial lamb that brought in no touch icing. Can't help but think if it was a player with a different reputation it would have been different
He just wasn’t a leader, but was thrust in a role to be one all by himself. He needed a Slavin/Pesce.

Not that it worked for Dougie but I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad