Around the League 28: Expect the unexpected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Eichel is not walking away from 50M mostly secured money. I would guess this communique was an badly masked ultimatum that will be followed by Eichel side filing for arbitration or whatever league measure there is for dispute settling.

Refusing to play would be grounds for SPC Paragraph 14 termination and instaloss of the still-owed money. Insanity.

If his contract were terminated this route...

Couldn't he just go get the surgery on his own then sign with whoever he wants or is there a period he's unable to sign a new contract?

And in that scenario Buffalo gets nothing.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Ye
If his contract were terminated this route...

Couldn't he just go get the surgery on his own then sign with whoever he wants or is there a period he's unable to sign a new contract?

And in that scenario Buffalo gets nothing.
Yep, but if you're Eichel you're giving up a LOT of guaranteed cash. If his recovery is successful, he'd get it back, but that is a gamble. Still, watching Buffalo come out of this with nothing would be immensely satisfying.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Scott Darling
Noted criminal Jordan Staal.

nhl_ap_jstaal_195.jpg

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
This is a bad look for Kane.

On the one hand a very serious accusation and something the league needs to thoroughly investigate. My only hesitation is that it's coming from what sounds like a very bitter about to be ex-wife. She might have very good reason to be, but I think I'll keep my torch and pitchfork in their cases until we learn a little more. I'll keep 'em close and ready to pull out later as needed.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I dunno, even if he didn’t bet against the Sharks it still introduces the possibility of point shaving, prop bets, etc. Bad news all around.

I get it, I just don't think one player can possibly hope to control or even really influence those things. There are so many moving parts in an NHL game, it would have to be like lottery ticket odds to find yourself in the exact right place at the exact right time in a game you made the exact right prop bet on.

I don't think even referees could pull it off with any consistency, maybe you get lucky a few times a year but not in any predictable manner that made sense for gambling.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I get it, I just don't think one player can possibly hope to control or even really influence those things. There are so many moving parts in an NHL game, it would have to be like lottery ticket odds to find yourself in the exact right place at the exact right time in a game you made the exact right prop bet on.

I don't think even referees could pull it off with any consistency, maybe you get lucky a few times a year but not in any predictable manner that made sense for gambling.
Probbaly would be fun trying to explain this to the mob bookie who is several hundreds k's on the red after the game.

Reactions: WreckingCrew
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad