Around the League 27: Why u do dis Dolan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Asking as a Leafs fan:

1. What can we expect from Chynoweth? I'm guessing he ran your D/PK, since we already have a PP coach in Manny Maholtra (who, just like he was as a player, is excellent at shutting down the PP).
2. How the hell do you pronounce that name?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So that deal for Keith must be EDM's 2022 3rd round pick. In this coming draft, they have:
1st
2nd - traded to Detroit in Anathsiou deal
3rd - traded to Calgary in the Neal/Lucic deal
4th
5th - traded to Ottawa (then Anaheim) for Ennis
6th
6th - from Pittsburgh for Marino
7th

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Asking as a Leafs fan:

1. What can we expect from Chynoweth? I'm guessing he ran your D/PK, since we already have a PP coach in Manny Maholtra (who, just like he was as a player, is excellent at shutting down the PP).

Shin-ole-with.

I think

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Asking as a Leafs fan:

Hard to say what to expect because it's really hard to distinguish his impact on the team. Meaning, the head coach probably directs the style of play and it's up to the assistant coaches to implement it so how good of a job he did is hard to tell since, especially with Covid, none of us have real insight.

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
images

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
In a vacuum, EDM didn't give up anything of real value for Keith, so it's fine from that POV and in a reduced role, he may be able to help.

That said, until/unless we know EDM's plans on getting rid of cap (Neal, Koskinen, Kassian, etc..), it's puzzling to say the least. They'll now have ~$11M in cap space to re-sign a top 4 D (Larsson), get a legit goalie, and improve their forward ranks significantly. That's the puzzling part, unless they already have other plans (expansion draft or other) to free up more cap space.
I’d say like we try to do with our own early moves that it’s probably best looked at as a whole later on. I’m giving them the benefit of doubt they have a plan where the cap situation will make sense.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Hurricanes assistant coach Dean Chynoweth departs for Maple Leafs

“Everybody’s happy about it. I’m happy for him,” Brind’Amour said Monday in an interview. “I hate to lose him but everyone’s situation is different. It’s just the way it goes.”

One potential replacement: Former Hurricanes defenseman Tim Gleason is the team’s roving director of defensemen development, but Brind’Amour said there’s no shortage of coaches interested in supervising a blue line that includes Slavin, Pesce and Brady Skjei. Hamilton is an unrestricted free agent who could still re-sign with the Hurricanes, but has been given permission to talk to other teams ahead of the July 28 opening of free agency.

“Everybody wants this job,” Brind’Amour said. “I’ve got lots of people calling me. Obviously we have a good group to work with.”

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Asking as a Leafs fan:

He was in charge of a PK that was good to elite in the regular season and then collapsed in the playoffs. Doesn't seem like a good fit for the Leafs.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
So today is the last day teams can ask players to waive their NMC for the expansion draft, right? Not that it affects the Canes, but will be interesting to see what other players as asked to waive (if that info leaks out). I read that Lucic already agreed to waive his.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Hurricanes assistant coach Dean Chynoweth departs for Maple Leafs

“Everybody’s happy about it. I’m happy for him,” Brind’Amour said Monday in an interview. “I hate to lose him but everyone’s situation is different. It’s just the way it goes.”

One potential replacement: Former Hurricanes defenseman Tim Gleason is the team’s roving director of defensemen development, but Brind’Amour said there’s no shortage of coaches interested in supervising a blue line that includes Slavin, Pesce and Brady Skjei. Hamilton is an unrestricted free agent who could still re-sign with the Hurricanes, but has been given permission to talk to other teams ahead of the July 28 opening of free agency.

“Everybody wants this job,” Brind’Amour said. “I’ve got lots of people calling me. Obviously we have a good group to work with.”
OH HELL YEAH

timgleson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad