Around the League '23-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Tufte and Kiviranta with goals today for the Avs. Apparently Tufte was very good and has looked good for them. They gave him a low number as well, they must expect him to have a decent shot at making the team.

Will be so funny if Tufte turns things around this year and becomes something at the NHL level.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Tufte and Kiviranta with goals today for the Avs. Apparently Tufte was very good and has looked good for them. They gave him a low number as well, they must expect him to have a decent shot at making the team.

Will be so funny if Tufte turns things around this year and becomes something at the NHL level.

Neither guy has a guaranteed roster spot ( or in Kivis case even contract ). They're going to be noticeable in pre-season because they need to be to make the Avs . Doesn't mean much , yet .

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Tufte saved his future with the improvements he made last season. He will play NHL games and not out of pity or weird reactions to Minnesota. :laugh: I'm not entirely sure why the Stars elected to move on while they keep utterly pointless players like Caamano but there's minimal breakout risk. He can play on an NHL 4th line however.

Reactions: Satan

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Tufte saved his future with the improvements he made last season. He will play NHL games and not out of pity or weird reactions to Minnesota. :laugh: I'm not entirely sure why the Stars elected to move on while they keep utterly pointless players like Caamano but there's minimal breakout risk. He can play on an NHL 4th line however.

Tufte might not have wanted to stay here either. Caamano is a good AHL soldier ( when he is healthy ) who pretty much has aceepted that .

Reactions: Dallasman and LT

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Tufte might not have wanted to stay here either. Caamano is a good AHL soldier ( when he is healthy ) who pretty much has aceepted that .
1695669283125.jpeg

Reactions: Magic Mittens

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
That's certainly the future and not surprising Vegas is on it first.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
you know things are getting dire as a consumer when it'll cost you $70/year to sit on your couch and watch ONE team play 84% of their regular season games

Reactions: Elysian and Zapp

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
you know things are getting dire as a consumer when it'll cost you $70/year to sit on your couch and watch ONE team play 84% of their regular season games

A dollar per game sounds pretty f***ing rad to me

The 13 other games are nationally televised so Vegas' hands are tied there

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
A dollar per game sounds pretty f***ing rad to me

The 13 other games are nationally televised so Vegas' hands are tied there
to a degree, yes.. but i like watching hockey outside of the Stars- so if the model becomes every team has a subscription service, that's pretty shit for fans.

extrapolate across the league and u'd be over $1000/year...... makes SN+ ($250/year) look cheap

I already need DAZN and FuboTV to watch Arsenal play in the Champions league + premier league... these streaming services have the consumers by the nuts

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I was considering SN+ for the first time but I think I will just stick with CI. I preferred the old NHL.tv way of doing things but the NHL just doesn't want to support a proper streaming option.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I think my only option is SN+ since I don't have a cable box anymore, which I think is the only way you can order center ice

I've tried googling other options, but from what I can tell if your in Canada and don't have a cable box or satellite, your only option is SN+

Triple Ex El

Three sausage taquitos with cheese
Apr 29, 2013
DFW, TX
Well, if Neon Elon puts X ( god, it feels dumb to type that) behind a paywall, I've got Bluesky invite codes

LT

Jul 23, 2010
to a degree, yes.. but i like watching hockey outside of the Stars- so if the model becomes every team has a subscription service, that's pretty shit for fans.

extrapolate across the league and u'd be over $1000/year...... makes SN+ ($250/year) look cheap

I already need DAZN and FuboTV to watch Arsenal play in the Champions league + premier league... these streaming services have the consumers by the nuts

I'd be a bit surprised if something like ESPN+ didn't include Vegas games. But we will see, I guess

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I think my only option is SN+ since I don't have a cable box anymore, which I think is the only way you can order center ice

I've tried googling other options, but from what I can tell if your in Canada and don't have a cable box or satellite, your only option is SN+
Ya it’s a shame. I finally tried SN+ for the final 3 weeks of the season + playoffs and I had no complaints aside from not being able to choose which broadcast you want to watch.

NHL Gamecenter was great back in the day … it’s a shame they got rid of it.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I use this thing called the Internet to stream the games for free. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada so getting to see the Stars live is an issue.

Yes finding 480p free streams is easy, I want to watch in 1080p. 66 was good, but now need VPN and other hassles last year it was unreliable.

Reactions: Satan

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yes finding 480p free streams is easy, I want to watch in 1080p. 66 was good, but now need VPN and other hassles last year it was unreliable.

Unreliable and the feeds tend to lag/go down frequently. Just not worth it, I rather pay for something reliable and good quality.

pretty much this - I also want to watch the games through my TV and most of the free streams arent optimized for chromecasting/apple tv

Reactions: LT and MBTendy

LT

Jul 23, 2010
pretty much this - I also want to watch the games through my TV and most of the free streams arent optimized for chromecasting/apple tv

If it's reasonably cheap and convenient/easy enough, I have no problem paying.

Unfortunately the NHL is not great about either.

ESPN+ has been great, honestly, but I say that as an out-of-market fan. When I inevitably move back to Texas, I have no idea yet how I plan to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad