Around the League '23-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That Babcock hire never made sense . I didn't think it would blow up in their face that quickly and spectecularly but that was just not going to work. From the sounds of it now there's a split roster because there is a the vocal part that supported Babs and obviously there was a part that wanted him gone and that got its wish.

Reactions: LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
At least people are talking about the Columbus Blue Jackets i guess . Normally that franchise just gets ignored because it hasn't done anything in their 25 years of existence.

Reactions: Elysian and Satan

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
At least people are talking about the Columbus Blue Jackets i guess . Normally that franchise just gets ignored because it hasn't done anything in their 25 years of existence.
u chose violence this morning

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I agree though 100% - CBJ is a loser franchise, dating back to not being able to build anything around Rick Nash. Gilbert Brule over Anze Kopitar. Filly don't do rebounds. The Jeff Carter incident. Now they trade for perennial losers like Patrik Laine and Johnny Gaudreau that can't play in real hockey markets.

The only non-loser in the franchise was Dan LaCosta (2 start, 2 wins). A true hero.

• Wow
Reactions: Elysian

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I agree though 100% - CBJ is a loser franchise, dating back to not being able to build anything around Rick Nash. Gilbert Brule over Anze Kopitar. Filly don't do rebounds. The Jeff Carter incident. Now they trade for perennial losers like Patrik Laine and Johnny Gaudreau that can't play in real hockey markets.

The only non-loser in the franchise was Dan LaCosta (2 start, 2 wins). A true hero.

You must be playing a lot of Puckdoku

• Haha
Reactions: The Tourist

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

Woahh take it easy there bud. I don’t want to have to come up to your shithole country and make you eat those words. And don’t ever call Calgary and Winnipeg real hockey markets again :box:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Lmfao. This is just so weird lol. Also bit of a difference between a 57 year Olds phone and guys in their early 20s.

Last edited:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Woahh take it easy there bud. I don’t want to have to come up to your shithole country and make you eat those words. And don’t ever call Calgary and Winnipeg real hockey markets again :box:
lmao - honestly Calgary is a strong hockey market. Watch a game on TV - like 95% of people in attendance are wearing jerseys. Hockey is alive and well across this beautiful country.

Unfortunately the Gathering of the Loseros is happening again in Columbus. Tiny Johnny Hockej wasn't cut out for the canadian media landscape and got bullied out of town by Public Broadcasters to make 10 sheets in Ohio. They're on their like 3rd cycle of having a Top Prospect Pool in the NHL and in 5 years they'll restart the process again.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
lmao - honestly Calgary is a strong hockey market. Watch a game on TV - like 95% of people in attendance are wearing jerseys. Hockey is alive and well across this beautiful country.

Unfortunately the Gathering of the Loseros is happening again in Columbus. Tiny Johnny Hockej wasn't cut out for the canadian media landscape and got bullied out of town by Public Broadcasters to make 10 sheets in Ohio. They're on their like 3rd cycle of having a Top Prospect Pool in the NHL and in 5 years they'll restart the process again.

Calgary hasn’t won shit since 89 or done anything noteworthy during the entire existence of the blue jackets. Winnipeg even more so. Truth is players who make big boy money have no desire to live in those shitty ass cities. Even Toronto took how long to get out of the 1st round? I know you’re a proud Canadian boy but it’s pretty astounding how long all the Canadian teams have been utter dog-shit with the disproportionate amount of support they have.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Calgary hasn’t won shit since 89 or done anything noteworthy during the entire existence of the blue jackets. Winnipeg even more so. Truth is players who make big boy money have no desire to live in those shitty ass cities. Even Toronto took how long to get out of the 1st round? I know you’re a proud Canadian boy but it’s pretty astounding how long all the Canadian teams have been utter dog-shit with the disproportionate amount of support they have.
Idk man. CBJ have 1 playoff round win in over 20 years of being a franchise.

I think it's a mix of both taxes + off-ice distractions caused by the media that cause guys like Gaudreau/Tkachuk to leave.. but in Canada there's nothing to talk about in winter except for hockey. So even if your team is dogshit - and often ignored - like the Senators, there is no escaping fan/media scrutiny.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Idk man. CBJ have 1 playoff round win in over 20 years of being a franchise.

I think it's a mix of both taxes + off-ice distractions caused by the media that cause guys like Gaudreau/Tkachuk to leave.. but in Canada there's nothing to talk about in winter except for hockey. So even if your team is dogshit - and often ignored - like the Senators, there is no escaping fan/media scrutiny.

And I’m fully aware that the cap is the only reason Blue Jackets exist in a league like this. If this were anything like the MLB teams like Dallas and Columbus simply wouldn’t be able to compete. I was definitely f***ing around with you saying Calgary and Winnipeg aren’t real hockey markets, which I assume you already knew because nobody can be that dense, even me lol. They’re obviously top fan markets. But CBJ is still young and they have never had talent in abundance like this. If they f*** this up over the next 5 years then by all means, let ‘em have it. They have a pretty solid foundation of passionate fans though for how bad they have been. They just don’t have the legacy to match or the convenience of being in country where hockey is king.

I’d kill for Dallas and Columbus to have fan bases and media followings like the Canadian clubs.

• Love
Reactions: Satan

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Idk the 2004 finals run was something and the pretty much the entire of Iggys career was during the Jackets existence and honestly the Jackets would kill to have an iconic player like Iggy . Who is even the player people most identify with the Blue Jackets ? Has to be Rick Nash right ? During Nashs tenure the Jackets made the playoff once and got swept

Reactions: Ratbath and LT

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Idk the 2004 finals run was something and the pretty much the entire of Iggys career was during the Jackets existence and honestly the Jackets would kill to have an iconic player like Iggy . Who is even the player people most identify with the Blue Jackets ? Has to be Rick Nash right ? During Nashs tenure the Jackets made the playoff once and got swept
Espen Knutsen. He basically invented the safety netting.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

No the Jackets would’ve killed to have Miika Kiprusoff in net and supporting casts like Tanguay, Regher, Phaneuf, Langkow, Bouwmeester, the better version of Huselius lol. Nash was an unreal player but he played on shit teams. Not saying he’s better than Iginla but I don’t see much difference in them. I just see a lot more stability around iginla’s career.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nash may not even be a hall of famer. Iginla is multiple tiers ahead of him career wise.

Benn is moreso a good comparison for Nash, actually.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Benns been longer captain here than Nash played in Columbus . Nash is the alltime leader in games played for the Jackets with 674 but thats not that much.

Reactions: Satan and LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I can't believe Jarmo has been the CBJ GM for 10 years. What an atrocious tenure.

The funny thing that he's actually the most successful GM in Jackets history and by alot. Under his 3 ( more like 2 since 1 was just interim for a couple of months ) predecessors Jackets made the playoffs a combined 1 time in 15 years . Since Jarmo took over they did 5 times and actually won a round.

Before the still somewhat recent Torts years the Jackets were Atlanta Thrashers level bad

Last edited:
Reactions: LT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad