GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 II: Whacked NHL Scheduling is Whacked | Mod Warning Post #1964

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Decided to lurk the Canucks board out of pure boredom. Holey Moses. You'd think they acquired a prime Sidney Crosby. Why even play the remaining games just hand them the Cup right now.
heh I cant' even remember when the Nucks were last in the playoffs. How are a bunch of playoff virgins going to be doing much in the playoffs? Soon as theres any intensity in the games or against playoff level caliber and I expect imminent drop off.

I'm not much for the analytics of it but 6 canucks shooting above 20% spells some crazy luck to me. The cool kids call it pdo. More like sorcery.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
heh I cant' even remember when the Nucks were last in the playoffs. How are a bunch of playoff virgins going to be doing much in the playoffs? Soon as theres any intensity in the games or against playoff level caliber and I expect imminent drop off.

I'm not much for the analytics of it but 6 canucks shooting above 20% spells some crazy luck to me. The cool kids call it pdo. More like sorcery.
Very very few teams win the Cup during their first run. St.Louis is the only team I can think of in recent memory. The Canucks aren't built for playoff hockey like the Blues were. I guess Rutherford really believes in that group.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Aside from the miracle run where Demko carried them thru the play-ins before getting dispatched by the Golden Knights, their last playoffs was a loss to an underwhelming Flames about a decade ago with an aging out Sedins as feature players. And yet their fanbase sees some regular season success after years of nothing and assumes a contender.

The riots come at no surprise.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Canucks last playoffs (which doesn't count) is when they were Welfared a spot when the season shut down. They were not even in a playoff spot. Meanwhile, they screwed our positioning around and made us go in a play in lol

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Oh Goody, the Leafs are honouring the 67 team for the thousandth time

Just a few years away from the 60th. :naughty:

Watch them retire the #67 and raise a banner a'la the Canucks' 7th man ceremony.

Meanwhile, how incredible would it be for Connor to hoist the Cup on the 40th anniversary of the 84 team?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

The thing that is really propelling them is the fact that 3 of the six 20% shooters are in the bottom 6. When you have a bottom 6 line shooting the lights out at such an insane degree it isn't hard to win as long as you get goaltending.

The best part about that is the bottom 6 shooters are the ones most likely to cool off, which would then make them the one line scoring team they actually are.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The thing that is really propelling them is the fact that 3 of the six 20% shooters are in the bottom 6. When you have a bottom 6 line shooting the lights out at such an insane degree it isn't hard to win as long as you get goaltending.

The best part about that is the bottom 6 shooters are the ones most likely to cool off, which would then make them the one line scoring team they actually are.

What you don't think Hoglander, Lafferty, Suter, and Joshua will continue to convert like Mike Bossy? Why not?

The crazy thing too is they have like 6 other guys who are like doubling their shooting percentage compared to their career. 😂

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Only glanced at it a couple of times but Bieber seemed like he was a bit medicated as well.

Reactions: PBandJ

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023

They are having a good year as a team, but I don't even like Mikheyev and Hoglander in their top 6.

What you don't think Hoglander, Lafferty, Suter, and Joshua will continue to convert like Mike Bossy? Why not?

The crazy thing too is they have like 6 other guys who are like doubling their shooting percentage compared to their career. 😂
It's pretty insane. I get why Canuck fans get annoyed at us talking about it. Kind of ruining their party lol. They are going to regress HARD.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Aside from the miracle run where Demko carried them thru the play-ins before getting dispatched by the Golden Knights, their last playoffs was a loss to an underwhelming Flames about a decade ago with an aging out Sedins as feature players. And yet their fanbase sees some regular season success after years of nothing and assumes a contender.

The riots come at no surprise.
Was such a non event I forgot about that one. heh

I'm going to guess Nucks weren't even in an actual playoff spot. Effing play ins.

Just judging by the size of the ears I would say 80s and higher.

Are these PWHL all stars?
Only in the loosest sense of the term imaginable. I'm not trying to be X rated with that post. They just aren't any good. Maybe one good player per team in PWHL.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Was such a non event I forgot about that one. heh

I'm going to guess Nucks weren't even in an actual playoff spot. Effing play ins.

Only in the loosest sense of the term imaginable. I'm not trying to be X rated with that post. They just aren't any good. Maybe one good player per team in PWHL.

Man they will would probably look better with 5 on 5 to be honest. This is just like shinny when we are short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad