GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 II: Whacked NHL Scheduling is Whacked | Mod Warning Post #1964

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Current thread is 75 pages.

...well at least the Oilers have a massive amount of games in hand, which is great if they win them. On the other hand, that usually means a lot of 3 games in 4 nights or 5 in 6 coming up.

Arizona continues to be hot, LA is a threat to win the division, Vegas looks like the Cup hangover is starting to hit, Vancouver is unpredictable as are the Blues. The Oilers really have their work cut out for them to get back into the playoff mix, thanks to a horrific start to the season. It just goes to show in a cap-era league, strong starts are so important to tread water when the losing streaks hit.

Edit: Anyone know why since the migration, gifs don't appear in the text box?

Surveillance video of the NHL schedule maker hard at work constructing the Oilers schedule:
Screenshot_20231206-084403.png

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Is Game Now, Wootz. Team, GO and Win!

(If you didn't read this in a cartoonish Eastern European accent you're missing out)

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Apparently housing prices on Robidas Island are thru the roof. Too many players coming into the area, not enough leaving. Rumour has it that Reaves may be moving into the area before too long as well.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
pooperdeau and weegums and company have really fallen into a burning ring of fire. The song has taken on whole new meanings and so of course I love it.

Suspect the Flames change their themesong the more people mock their ongoing fate. lol at the lineup of players wanting to leave.

You watch that club and listless is a word that comes to mind.

It must be special in their minds that Florida with Tkachuk went to SC final and Hubs and Weed didn't, and had to play their season in Calgary instead. They probably hate hockey by now.

Get f***ed flames

1701902696637.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Perfect_Drug

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
pooperdeau and weegums and company have really fallen into a burning ring of fire. The song has taken on whole new meanings and so of course I love it.

Suspect the Flames change their themesong the more people mock their ongoing fate. lol at the lineup of players wanting to leave.

You watch that club and listless is a word that comes to mind.

It must be special in their minds that Florida with Tkachuk went to SC final and Hubs and Weed didn't, and had to play their season in Calgary instead. They probably hate hockey by now.

Get f***ed flames

View attachment 778801

I *really* hope I don't jinx it, but personally I am bullish on the take that Wolf is a bust and I really hope that my prediction is true so I can see the melt down in Calgary.

Not sure if you watched the game last night or not, but when Wolf went in net their dumb fans literally started howling when he made a save. They've basically told themselves that he's the next Hasek which will make the reality I'm predicting that much sweeter if it occurs.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I *really* hope I don't jinx it, but personally I am bullish on the take that Wolf is a bust and I really hope that my prediction is true so I can see the melt down in Calgary.

Not sure if you watched the game last night or not, but when Wolf went in net their dumb fans literally started howling when he made a save. They've basically told themselves that he's the next Hasek which will make the reality I'm predicting that much sweeter if it occurs.

LMAO

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Apparently housing prices on Robidas Island are thru the roof. Too many players coming into the area, not enough leaving. Rumour has it that Reaves may be moving into the area before too long as well.

I mean Reaves is probably easy enough to get rid of. Small salary that some dumb team might take, even a Chicago who might want to replace some veteran pain in the ass type guy in Perry

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

To start I have to say I really like Matthews. After watching him and Yandle chirp each other play one of the EA hockey games I really got on board with him.

I also personally don't feel the need to compare Matthews or Hyman, but it's kind of funny as there is so much chirping out of Toronto.

However, what I'd compare is Hyman's numbers this year and last year to his numbers in Toronto. Reason being we always hear just how great their top 6 always was/is compared to ours. That they have better stars, yet somehow Hyman who is now at the age where players his style usually wear down is somehow putting up better numbers.

Yet when you do say look at Hyman's numbers the response from Toronto is "well he has McDavid or Leon".

Well which is it Leaf fans? Are your stars better than ours? Are ours better than yours?

Either way it's a win for us IMO.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
To start I have to say I really like Matthews. After watching him and Yandle chirp each other play one of the EA hockey games I really got on board with him.

I also personally don't feel the need to compare Matthews or Hyman, but it's kind of funny as there is so much chirping out of Toronto.

However, what I'd compare is Hyman's numbers this year and last year to his numbers in Toronto. Reason being we always hear just how great their top 6 always was/is compared to ours. That they have better stars, yet somehow Hyman who is now at the age where players his style usually wear down is somehow putting up better numbers.

Yet when you do say look at Hyman's numbers the response from Toronto is "well he has McDavid or Leon".

Well which is it Leaf fans? Are your stars better than ours? Are ours better than yours?

Either way it's a win for us IMO.

This year should kill that narrative. Hyman was still producing as McDavid and Drai were in the wilderness.

Reactions: Stoneman89

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Lets not do that, Leafs fans can use that same argument to say Nylander > Draisaitl.
Nylander is about to get paid but he's only making 1.5 less than Draisaitl with Draisaitl being the far superior player every year. Even right now with Draisaitl having an "off" year, they're still tied in points.

Reactions: BlackDogg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad