Around the League - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
That it was finally time

Lots of parallel’s between how Kessel was treated and what’s being said about the current core, as individuals.. which isn’t too different than what was said about Kadri.

I’m not saying run the core back, but learning from history is important.

Kessel only won his cups because he was willing to take 8 years at market rate. Our guys aren't willing to do that. That is the key difference.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I wouldn't know, there aren't any articles about it.
When Eichel returned to Buffalo

When a Eichel won the Cup and discussing who won the trade:

Again, as for Quick, just read the news on LA winning the Cup. Why would they care?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
When Eichel returned to Buffalo

When a Eichel won the Cup and discussing who won the trade:

Again, as for Quick, just read the news on LA winning the Cup. Why would they care?

Why are we talking about 2022?

Because he won after being thrown away?

You're kind of making my point without realizing. Kessel won 2 cups and hasn't been in Toronto for what... 7 years? The media making it about Toronto again, it's all. There's gonna be a lot more of those this summer.

Last edited:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Why are we talking about 2022?

Because he won after being thrown away?

You're not getting the point I'm trying to make. You're kind of making my point without realizing. Kessel won 2 cups and won another one, and the star still made an article about him winning and Kessel went out of his way to talk about it.
You said there were no articles. The last one is fans displeased with Eichel winning the Cup. That’s not 2022. Not sure what else you want. Not making any point. Just that fans are fans all over. It’s not just the Leafs in the world that get called out for everything. They just do the most to get called out. There are articles on Eichel and Buffalo.

I’m happy for Kessel winning, it’s too bad he had no team here and barely made the playoffs.
Like people have said, you need 2 different teams 1 for the season, 1 for the playoffs.
Kessel didn’t have the first and it seems we now have the wrong one for the 2nd. If someone gets traded and wins the Cup elsewhere, so be it. They would obviously have a team better suited with different players.

I’ll leave it at that.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
You said there were no articles. The last one is fans displeased with Eichel winning the Cup. That’s not 2022. Not sure what else you want. Not making any point. Just that fans are fans all over. It’s not just the Leafs in the world that get called out for everything. They just do the most to get called out. There are articles on Eichel and Buffalo.

I’m happy for Kessel winning, it’s too bad he had no team here and barely made the playoffs.
Like people have said, you need 2 different teams 1 for the season, 1 for the playoffs.
Kessel didn’t have the first and it seems we now have the wrong one for the 2nd. If someone gets traded and wins the Cup elsewhere, so be it. They would obviously have a team better suited with different players.

I’ll leave it at that.

You just really don't get the point or what I'm saying at all. That's not even a press article from a major publication. it's a blog. I'm talking about right now, not last week or last month or last year. Not my fault my dude. Have a good one.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
LAS VEGAS -- Matthew Tkachuk did not play for the Florida Panthers in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final, a 9-3 loss to the Vegas Golden Knights at T-Mobile Arena on Tuesday, because of a broken sternum.

Florida Panthers defenseman Aaron Ekblad played with a broken foot and dealt with multiple other injuries throughout his team’s run to the 2023 Stanley Cup Final.

According to Maurice, Ekblad broke his foot during the Panthers’ quarterfinal series victory over the Boston Bruins way back in April. The 27-year-old only missed one game as the Panthers embarked upon a Cinderella playoff run to within three wins of their first championship.

Maurice also revealed that Ekblad suffered two separate shoulder dislocations and a torn oblique muscle as the Panthers defeated the Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Carolina Hurricanes en route to the Final.

Meanwhile, Leaf star players suffered hurt feelings and bruised egos that go back to the days when Keefe called them out for poor play, but had to back track...:sarcasm:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Spezza news definitely to be expected. Was close with Dubas.

Ironically Dubas' tenure with the Pens starting out similarly to Shanny's in Toronto. Not picking that GM right away - instead focusing on the side pieces
Strange way to build an office. Pitt can‘t have an unlimited number of AGMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA