Around the League - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Dubas is an idiot...that's why the team is built the way it's built...he thinks NHL hockey is a gentlemen's game where all you need to win is have a bunch of skilled players, like chess or something.
He was trying to reinvent the wheel with his puck possession hockey. The back passes in the neutral zone and the activated D in the Ozone. Sure he had better possession time, but his team was going backwards more than forward or in the o zone where they were getting the puck, it's with their backs to the net and them shooting while their momentum is going backwards.

horner

May 22, 2007
Great final Bettman.
When you orchestrate something this is what you get.
A BLOWOUT..
This was probably the lowest rated finals.

Great final Bettman.
A BLOWOUT..
This was probably the lowest rated finals
Biggest lesson from Vegas: engage in as much cap circumvention as you can within the confines of the leagues rules
TB did it as well

horner

May 22, 2007
Perhaps the hope is that a different coach can coax something greater out of the core/group? Beyond that, an on-ice change of significance (at minimum) just might be necessary. It'd be something new for me to witness this franchise even make a SCF like Florida just did (for a 2nd time)...to see them accomplish what VGK just pulled off would be :DD
Vegas has demanded that can get the puck to the net we have Morgan.
Lilly and Timmins can but really didn't play

Reactions: Buds17 and kb

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Biggest lesson from Vegas: engage in as much cap circumvention as you can within the confines of the leagues rules

Yeah pretty much.

They do exactly what the few of us said for years here on HF, since Burke. They swap players, try not to take asset losses, actively hunt for bargains. Full spectrum really, and it's even more important to do it in Canada with the tax issue.

Toronto's road to the cup starts with Cap and Asset management. That's why I wanted Pridham to stay a big part of this franchise. Now we need Treliving to find us guys that want a cup at all costs as a personal goal.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
And get a lot of good players from Canada.

Is it circumvention if it’s within the rules?
Not sure why people have a problem with this stuff.
In both cases, the player was legit hurt…….however, their rehab was a couple of three weeks longer than normal.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Dubas is an idiot...that's why the team is built the way it's built...he thinks NHL hockey is a gentlemen's game where all you need to win is have a bunch of skilled players, like chess or something.
He's less dumb than he is arrogant and pig-headed.

Hopefully he fails there too.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Great final Bettman.
A BLOWOUT..
This was probably the lowest rated finals.

Great final Bettman.
A BLOWOUT..
This was probably the lowest rated finals

TB did it as well

I can't speak for other teams in the league, but I'll speak for the Leafs

Bettman didn't orchastrate anything. Don't take away the fight other teams put up and we weren't willing to
Cassidy and Maurice were first year coaches with their teams. Keefe couldn't take 80s Oilers to the finals

Panthers were out of their top forward and top D. You can't expect to win anything. Vegas was also the depth of any championship team. Kudos to their GM for getting Barbashev and Eichel

People are going to say well Panthers got away playing goon hockey. Welcome to the real world. That's called playoff hockey
Vegas countered with same type of game and won

We didn't. Our top guns were no shows. I guess that's also Bettman's fault
Our goalies were terrible. We had a 5 million dollar goalie in the bench who gets hurt drinking water.

Bettman also gave the Leafs northern division. Essentially telling us, here you go Leafs. Take it to the finals.

Sorry bro, give credit where credit is due. Both of those teams wanted more

Reactions: myleafs

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Until the Leafs try and do it, and then they change the rules.
Remember how they sent a memo to all of the teams talking about how even the smallest potential cap shenanigans would be heavily investigated this year?
I guess they missed Vegas.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
LAS VEGAS -- Matthew Tkachuk did not play for the Florida Panthers in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final, a 9-3 loss to the Vegas Golden Knights at T-Mobile Arena on Tuesday, because of a broken sternum.

Florida Panthers defenseman Aaron Ekblad played with a broken foot and dealt with multiple other injuries throughout his team’s run to the 2023 Stanley Cup Final.

According to Maurice, Ekblad broke his foot during the Panthers’ quarterfinal series victory over the Boston Bruins way back in April. The 27-year-old only missed one game as the Panthers embarked upon a Cinderella playoff run to within three wins of their first championship.

Maurice also revealed that Ekblad suffered two separate shoulder dislocations and a torn oblique muscle as the Panthers defeated the Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Carolina Hurricanes en route to the Final.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I can't speak for other teams in the league, but I'll speak for the Leafs

Bettman didn't orchastrate anything. Don't take away the fight other teams put up and we weren't willing to
Cassidy and Maurice were first year coaches with their teams. Keefe couldn't take 80s Oilers to the finals

Panthers were out of their top forward and top D. You can't expect to win anything. Vegas was also the depth of any championship team. Kudos to their GM for getting Barbashev and Eichel

People are going to say well Panthers got away playing goon hockey. Welcome to the real world. That's called playoff hockey
Vegas countered with same type of game and won

We didn't. Our top guns were no shows. I guess that's also Bettman's fault
Our goalies were terrible. We had a 5 million dollar goalie in the bench who gets hurt drinking water.

Bettman also gave the Leafs northern division. Essentially telling us, here you go Leafs. Take it to the finals.

Sorry bro, give credit where credit is due. Both of those teams wanted more
Agree on everything but one thing. When did Keefe coach anything close to resembling the 80s Oilers?

Reactions: horner

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
LAS VEGAS -- Matthew Tkachuk did not play for the Florida Panthers in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final, a 9-3 loss to the Vegas Golden Knights at T-Mobile Arena on Tuesday, because of a broken sternum.

Florida Panthers defenseman Aaron Ekblad played with a broken foot and dealt with multiple other injuries throughout his team’s run to the 2023 Stanley Cup Final.

According to Maurice, Ekblad broke his foot during the Panthers’ quarterfinal series victory over the Boston Bruins way back in April. The 27-year-old only missed one game as the Panthers embarked upon a Cinderella playoff run to within three wins of their first championship.

Maurice also revealed that Ekblad suffered two separate shoulder dislocations and a torn oblique muscle as the Panthers defeated the Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Carolina Hurricanes en route to the Final.
It’s very difficult trying to get your name on the Cup. These stories always warm my heart.

Isnt Vegas just a parade of drunks 24/7 :)

City that never sleeps.....
The visitors that occupy the strip are, for sure.

Reactions: Da Mash and ToneDog

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
We will see how the Vegas Golden knights parade goes.
See how many fans they actually have

Stop being salty about Vegas. If Leafs stop running it back with the same 4 overpaid softies, maybe they can get close to winning something soon. Vegas has an amazing deep team filled with "gamers". Our team is SOFT. Guys only care about being the highest paid here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad