NHL Around the League: 2021 XVI - Stanley Cup Final - Lightning win second Cup in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Comparing a 30 year old franchise to a four year old franchise is like comparing an adult to a baby
From 91-93 (closest thing to 30 years) the NHL added San Jose, Ottawa, Tampa, Florida, and Anaheim.

With exception of Tampa, which of those 30 year old franchises have a better roster than the baby Knights do right now?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
From 91-93 (closest thing to 30 years) the NHL added San Jose, Ottawa, Tampa, Florida, and Anaheim.

With exception of Tampa, which of those 30 year old franchises have a better roster than the baby Knights do right now?

Maybe Florida, but I don't know what that has to do with your original question from post #888,
"Anybody else ready to award San Jose status to the Vegas Knights? Choke squad?" which I replied to and thought this discussion was about

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Well I mean, you don’t agree, but again you don’t have a rebuttal. Just calling it awful, horrendous, absurd, etc.

If you have a good point to make, make it. Otherwise, have a little maturity to have a conversation. You disagree, tell me why. If you don’t care to talk about the subject or bother making an effort why even comment in the first place?

Lol. Just awful. No words.

Reactions: EverettMike

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
For all their pros and cons, I feel a tinge of sadness that NBC is finished. My DVR didn't catch the ending so if anyone has a clip of Kathryn Tappen's farewell, please share.

I've read she thanked Mike Milbury, and that's very classy on her behalf if true.

I don't want to reopen that can of worms, but I didn't agree with how NBC handled either Milbury or Roenick, and felt their product suffered as a result.

Very simply if NBC Sports HR in Connecticut had the final call JR and Milbury would not have been dismissed.

BUT after Matt Lauer, everything goes thru Comcast Corporate HR in Philadelphia.

When 30 Rock was renamed they made it clear who runs NBC

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Aeroforce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad