NHL Around the League: 2021 XVI - Stanley Cup Final - Lightning win second Cup in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
211609542_10159357120126221_6869306930258377383_n.jpg
latest

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
kucherov is my hero, at least until next season begins. This was amazing.

I knew quickly I was in the minority on this presser, other than overly sensitive Habs fans, most seem to think this was a pretty special moment..."refreshing", "great to see some personality", stuff like that and then certainly the Habs haters like anything that jabs their fans. For me, not really a fan, but I don't find it particularly offensive...just kind of a silly rant fueled by some brews and definitely some Cup euphoria.

Reactions: BMC and KrejciMVP

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Not a chance. They've only been in the league for four years and have been a damn good team

If not for the 2011 Cup, the Bruins could be awarded a choke trophy the last 10 years

How many good chances have they blown??

Ok Felger , how about they where just not good enough to win. No such thing as a choke job just an excuse for icing a defective roster

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I know it's cliche to complain about goalie pads getting bigger, but how can you look at Vasilevskiy and think that his arms need to be that big?

He looks like he's pregnant :naughty:

Seriously he's giving Jean-Sebastien Giguere a run for his money with all that padding. That guy looked like the Michelin Man.

Reactions: BTO

neelyforpresident

Dec 25, 2007
Washington
I knew quickly I was in the minority on this presser, other than overly sensitive Habs fans, most seem to think this was a pretty special moment..."refreshing", "great to see some personality", stuff like that and then certainly the Habs haters like anything that jabs their fans. For me, not really a fan, but I don't find it particularly offensive...just kind of a silly rant fueled by some brews and definitely some Cup euphoria.

it was only special for me because it was directed at Montreal fans. If this was directed toward any other fanbase (except Toronto), I wouldn’t pay any attention to it.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Not a chance. They've only been in the league for four years and have been a damn good team

If not for the 2011 Cup, the Bruins could be awarded a choke trophy the last 10 years

How many good chances have they blown??
Well the Canadiens choke job is easily the worst, the year before they lost to a Dallas team they were better than. Following the finals (where they got smoked) they couldn’t even make it past the first round.

Year 1: Smoke by Washington in the finals (understandable, Washington was good that run)

Year 2: Didn’t make it past the first round, this was the year they acquired Mark Stone.

Year 3: Fell apart against a good, but ultimately inferior Dallas team.

Year 4: Do I need to bring this one up?

Sure they are a new franchise, but that doesn’t change a thing IMO. They choke

Also, I’m talking about Vegas, I’m not talking about Boston, but to extend the olive branch, I agree they’ve blown it hard too.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
it was only special for me because it was directed at Montreal fans. If this was directed toward any other fanbase (except Toronto), I wouldn’t pay any attention to it.

I hear you, and I am not being judgmental, really just reflecting on how far off my reaction was compared to many others. I saw a lot of what you've expressed, a poke at Habs fans is something many like to see.

These guys aren't my family, friends, boss, or role models so what they do really doesn't matter all that much. For me it was more of a head scratch or shrug of the shoulders and a "really dude?"

Reactions: neelyforpresident

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Well the Canadiens choke job is easily the worst, the year before they lost to a Dallas team they were better than. Following the finals (where they got smoked) they couldn’t even make it past the first round.

Year 1: Smoke by Washington in the finals (understandable, Washington was good that run)

Year 2: Didn’t make it past the first round, this was the year they acquired Mark Stone.

Year 3: Fell apart against a good, but ultimately inferior Dallas team.

Year 4: Do I need to bring this one up?

Sure they are a new franchise, but that doesn’t change a thing IMO. They choke

Also, I’m talking about Vegas, I’m not talking about Boston, but to extend the olive branch, I agree they’ve blown it hard too.

Terrible take. Real bad. Horrendous.

Reactions: Lo97

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
4 years, 3 trips to the conference finals.

Calling them chokers is off limits though, got it.

Could it be that they’re actually not a “great” team and perhaps overachieved making it as far as they did those 3 years? So no cup is more of a realistic expectation than a choke.

Reactions: Lo97

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Could it be that they’re actually not a “great” team and perhaps overachieved making it as far as they did those 3 years? So no cup is more of a realistic expectation than a choke.
They certainly overachieved year one, no question. I mentioned that it was understandable they didn’t finish it.

Second year first round exit, again maybe not a “choke”, but a disappointment the team that was in the finals the season prior couldn’t get past the first round.

Years three and four they were cup contenders and made the conference finals, hardly overachievers. They played inferior teams both years, teams they were favored against. They came up short both times, the second of which hilariously bad.

it’s really out of bounds to say they are developing into playoff chokers? People want to call the take bad, still yet to see a legitimate argument otherwise.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I have thought numerous times that it’s somehow “too easy” for vasilevsky in that he’s having to move so minimally. I know he’s a big goalie by the height and weight statistics, and I’m not really trying to question his reputation, but I wouldn’t be totally surprised if there is something to his equipment being overly large.

hes been around for years but leave it to the habs fans to say hes cheating. they told me Bettmans Vegas Knights were a lock for the finals bc its rigged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad