NHL Around the League: 2021 XVI - Stanley Cup Final - Lightning win second Cup in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
_stanley_cup_playoffs_logo_finals_matchup_2021_sportslogosnet-7004.png

_stanley_cup_playoffs_logo_finals_matchup_2021_sportslogosnet-5598.png

Reactions: inactive user

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I always feel a tad sad when a season winds down; I enjoy the games as well as the conversation here.

But this series (and season) is winding down.

The turning point was the waning seconds of the 2nd period, Game 2. The Habs were out playing Tampa, the Bolts were lethargic (other than Vasikevskiy), the crowd had been neutered, and Montreal would've been in position to win a period, and win a game.

But the bothched play/turnover changed all that.

The Bolts were likely winning the series anyway, but the Habs' only hope - like the Islanders - was to force a coin flip Game 7 and take their chances.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Not cheering for Tampa to win, but absolutely all in on the Scabs being swept. I know that means Tampa wins, but so be it. Lesser of two evils.
That's where I'm at. I want the flukey friggin scabs swept right out and made to look like the foolish lucky sob's they have been this farce of a season.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I always feel a tad sad when a season winds down; I enjoy the games as well as the conversation here.

But this series (and season) is winding down.

The turning point was the waning seconds of the 2nd period, Game 2. The Habs were out playing Tampa, the Bolts were lethargic (other than Vasikevskiy), the crowd had been neutered, and Montreal would've been in position to win a period, and win a game.

But the bothched play/turnover changed all that.

The Bolts were likely winning the series anyway, but the Habs' only hope - like the Islanders - was to force a coin flip Game 7 and take their chances.
The good part is the NHL starts up in a couple of months
Hopefully Tampa is exhausted from their playoff run

Reactions: BMC and TOR1970Cup

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Somebody wake me up after the stupid light show, the dumb skit that encourages kids to play with fire, and the endless parade of toilet seat wearing white haired old fossils from the last time those idiot fans got a sniff of the Cup.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Well, we got ghosts, the Forum, St. Catherine St., 1993, 3500 sounding like more, and Guy Carbonneau, that's a full Habs Cliche Bingo card before the puck is dropped. Somebody send me the puke emoji.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad