NHL Around the League: 2021 VII - The Chase For Lord Stanley's Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Didn't think this would be the series I would be most looking forward to watching game 2 in the playoffs, other than the Bs game two of course. Maybe it will be a letdown, but if it's even half as entertaining as game 1 then it will still be awesome.
Watching a lot of good teams today has made me a little sad. Might not be in the cards for the Bruins this year .

Reactions: U55

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Didn't think this would be the series I would be most looking forward to watching game 2 in the playoffs, other than the Bs game two of course. Maybe it will be a letdown, but if it's even half as entertaining as game 1 then it will still be awesome.

Real good one ... this season playoffs

There is already some prehate before games start

Reactions: missingchicklet

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Watching a lot of good teams today has made me a little sad. Might not be in the cards for the Bruins this year .
I don't think it ever was. The deadline moves made them a better team, but probably not good enough for a Cup. The bottom 6 of the more elite teams, the physicality, and the more seasoned stronger D are issues. The Bs can only make a deep run if Rask stands on his head in combination with the top 6 playing lights out. Even then, it will be an uphill battle.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
An absolutely selfish penalty with 8 minutes left. Totally inexcusable.
Almost defies logic that someone could be that dumb in that situation. Refs have clearly swallowed their whistles and are only going to call something uber obvious. His team is up a goal. The opposing team has a near automatic goal scoring PP. And what does he do? He skates clear across the ice and charges, boards, and leaps into a guy who everyone is looking at. I mean wtf. He was begging to get a penalty called on him. Incredibly selfish and stupid.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
i wish I could hate teams again. Yankees, Habs in 2011, those were the days. Tampa and Washington are a meh for me. I used to despise Pitt bit even that wore off.

As I’ve gotten older the primary change in my sports following is less about not having the hatred I’ve had for teams and more about not having the time or energy to know the leagues as well as I used to.

I’m sure I’m not alone in saying that the 22 year old me could name the starting lineup of all MLB teams, more than 1/2 the rosters of every NHL and NBA team and the 15 or so notable players on every NFL team.

Not the case any longer...by a mile.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
What the f*** does Acciari have to have happen to him in a game to draw a freaking call?

That knee check non call was just so insanely pathetic. Clear as freaking day.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
One more game like that and Quennville will have to go Craig Berube on the officials.

We know first hand that it works...and can help win you a series or even the Cup.
No issue if Q does that. Tampa got away with so much bullshit per usual.

Hope the Panthers win, and kick the shit out of that scumbag, weasel team in the process.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
It’s too bad Florida doesn’t have Ekblad. The Atlantic is going to be brutal with Tampa, Florida, Toronto, and eventually Ottawa the next week years.

Reactions: Estlin

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
As I’ve gotten older the primary change in my sports following is less about not having the hatred I’ve had for teams and more about not having the time or energy to know the leagues as well as I used to.

I’m sure I’m not alone in saying that the 22 year old me could name the starting lineup of all MLB teams, more than 1/2 the rosters of every NHL and NBA team and the 15 or so notable players on every NFL team.

Not the case any longer...by a mile.
When I was in middle school I could have named an awful lot of NFL players. But I haven't followed that league in...well .... decades now, I guess. o_O :wally:

The NHL is the only league I pay any attention to these days. Still trying to figure out why :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
doubt theyd have a gutless response if one of their stars was trucked by ovechkin though. same with FL

Problem is that it seems like the Bruins get shafted any time they do anything in response to something borderline or dirty.

Trust me....If I were a player, that would have been addressed and not necessarily cleanly.

Reactions: BMC

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Problem is that it seems like the Bruins get shafted any time they do anything in response to something borderline or dirty.

Trust me....If I were a player, that would have been addressed and not necessarily cleanly.

I can take losing in a hard fought battle but not sticking up for your teammates I cant stand.

Reactions: BMC and Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad