NHL Around the League: 2021 VII - The Chase For Lord Stanley's Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'm sure it was Kucherov the Turd's idea to circumvent the cap.

They can the change the rules but those who find loopholes will always be a step ahead of those who complain about them. If we play the Lightning I want to play and beat Kucherov. I think Brady had some clever cap management to keep the bucs together

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Watching a lot of good teams today has made me a little sad. Might not be in the cards for the Bruins this year .
I didn't watch any hockey yesterday because was pissed-off from Sat (wasn't pissed off on Sat because Scotch), but watched the condensed games today. Other than Vegas-Minny (go Minny!) I saw a lot of teams with crappy defence and crappy goaltending. Guys constantly wide open, guys shoot the puck at the net and it goes in (why doesn't that ever happen to us?) Admittedly, the condensed games don't tell the whole story, obviously, but still. Also helps to have traffic in front of the net. That's obvious too, except to the Bruins it would seem.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
I’m wearing my Huberdeau T shirt right now ironically

when I go to away games I hit their pro Shoppe and buy a shirt ~ two years ago in Florida I got Huberdeau & Point (both on my SIM team made it an easy call)

Getting ready for couch and watch Sox I randomly grabbed this to sleep in lol ~ no Point jersey

when I go to Montreal probably grab a Gallagher but I traded him to @BrainOfJ

I could go old school and get a Cournoyer one or Belliveau

current Habs after Gallagher not sure who I’d get
Wow, DKH I'm slow, my apologies. Took me this long to realize that your posts are ironic. Didn't come to these boards prepared for such post modern rhetorical strategies. Must have been what threw me, although it shouldn't have. Again, my apologies, and kudos!

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don't think Big Z has ever had a more easier plus and the main reason I don't care for the plus/minus stat unless it favors the Bruins and the Great Bobby Orr with his plus of 124 in 70-71 but Orr was a Demi-God on skates.

Reactions: inactive user

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
As I’ve gotten older the primary change in my sports following is less about not having the hatred I’ve had for teams and more about not having the time or energy to know the leagues as well as I used to.

I’m sure I’m not alone in saying that the 22 year old me could name the starting lineup of all MLB teams, more than 1/2 the rosters of every NHL and NBA team and the 15 or so notable players on every NFL team.

Not the case any longer...by a mile.
Yup same here. When I was younger I was a complete 4-sport guy, and knew a lot about a lot of teams and players (and this was all pre-internet too, of course). Then football went by the wayside, then basketball, then baseball. There's still hockey of course. Always will be. Lol, reminds me of a GMC truck commercial or something: friends come and go; women leave; pets die. Trucks are forever.

Reactions: sarge88

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wow, DKH I'm slow, my apologies. Took me this long to realize that your posts are ironic. Didn't come to these boards prepared for such post modern rhetorical strategies. Must have been what threw me, although it shouldn't have. Again, my apologies, and kudos!
I really was wearing a Huberdeau shirt

Reactions: JoeBeef15

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Funny how he is getting a hearing for a hit that Coleman got right back up and didn't miss a shift! Wilson puts Carlo out for 3 plus months and WWFs 2 Ranger players in one shift and has to have Bettman step in to even get a 7 game suspension. The top NHL talking heads are wondering why the league is becoming a laughingstock when Player Safety and the officiating is a inconsistent JOKE!
Agree, certain with the big star players get away with a lot more.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Florida can easily win this series if they stop taking stupid penalties.....regardless of how Bobrovsky plays. That penalty that Bennett took was inexcusable. Especially with a 1 goal lead in the 3rd period.

Quenneville has no issues pulling a #1 goalie in the playoffs if they aren't performing, and Driedger is more than adequate to step in.

It would certainly help. In G1 Bennett giveth and Bennett then taketh away, unfortunately. Could point out that Tampa got away with a couple of near-equally egregious plays, but it's only the ones that get called that matter.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I honestly think the Bennett hit was worse than McDonagh’s. Bennett came a long way for that hit and used a lot more force, but both were ugly.

This could be part of the response from the league, another coach working the league by complaining.

Reactions: 13Hockey

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I honestly think the Bennett hit was worse than McDonagh’s. Bennett came a long way for that hit and used a lot more force, but both were ugly.

This could be part of the response from the league, another coach working the league by complaining.

Only his team is allowed such liberties. Fing cry baby that coach is

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
They can the change the rules but those who find loopholes will always be a step ahead of those who complain about them. If we play the Lightning I want to play and beat Kucherov. I think Brady had some clever cap management to keep the bucs together
The difference is that the Bucs will eventually have to pay the piper for Brady's void years. Much like NE did this past season with a dead cap hit for Brady even though he wasn't on the team.

There's no future pain cap wise for what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad