Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Rangers interviewed him too.

Also apparently Benning is not getting fired in Vancouver
The Vancouver board had a thread based on rumor that there were changes coming a couple hours ago. I went back and it was replaced with the Friedman rumor that Benning is likely returning.

And “Management Thread: There is No Hope”, so they’re taking the news well.

Reactions: NJDevs26

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Random question

instead of 2-2-1-1-1 what do you think of 3-3-1? Does the home team have more of an advantage? Or more pressure because they can’t drop that first game

I know basketball does or use to at least do 2-3-2 but that I def think favored the road team (lower seed)

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I was never a fan of advanced stats shot metrics. There are too many unreliable assumptions made in order to support them.

I'd like to see what positional analysis of events brings to the game in the future. Imagine if there is a 'shift' situation like MLB where numbers support new strategies.

you mean “shift” the baseball shift to one side of the field?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
it's a slippery slope , i say no f***ing way it should happen

from 2 months ago….

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/03/18/baseball-shift-rule-changes/

…might as well create a rule a goalie cant play the puck in the corners on the ice……oh wait,….

never understood why teams don’t practice bunting down third base line when they do that. Practice practice practice. Amazing read in that story is 36% of all plate appearances ended in the defense not being involved in the outcome that is insane!

Reactions: njdevils1982

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I wonder if Parise just cashes his checks an sits in the press box the next 5 seasons or if he an the team to a mutual termination through unconditional waivers

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
that would be some shit if they agree to just get out of his $7.5m cap hit while only actually losing less than half that in real salary. i don’t know the rules but i hope you’re right about that cap recapture penalty

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Parise being scratched just makes me sad. He seems too proud for LTIRetirement and he's getting paid 6 million next year so we'll see what happens.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
All that young talent in Minnesota, huh, Zach?

With Minny’s Game 1 win, ZP has now officially won more playoff games as a member of the Wild than he did in 2012 alone with the Devils. Big milestone.

I’m glad we didn’t get stuck with that contract, but I will forever hold a grudge against a captain who walks on his Cup Finalist team. **** that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All that young talent in Minnesota, huh, Zach?

With Minny’s Game 1 win, ZP has now officially won more playoff games as a member of the Wild than he did in 2012 alone with the Devils. Big milestone.

I’m glad we didn’t get stuck with that contract, but I will forever hold a grudge against a captain who walks on his Cup Finalist team. **** that.
I don’t hold a grudge anymore at all. I’m definitely over it, I’ve definitely forgiven him, but holy shit. That’s a hilarious stat. That he’s only just now won more playoff games with the Wild since 2013 than he did with the Devils in all of 2012. That’s some pretty funny stuff right there. I feel like they’ve went out in the first round most years and made the second round two times (maybe three?) and lost to the Blackhawks both times. They couldn’t even crack a conference finals with those two blockbuster signings on July 4th of 2012. And his comments about being all about winning are funny now. They could have been funnier if he would have missed the playoffs almost every year, but they’re still very funny right now.

I feel like if he gets bought out, Lou will be the first in line to sign him. Lou tried to trade for him at the deadline last year. The Wild are probably wishing now that they took whatever offer. I thought reports were at the time that they didn’t think it was enough coming back their way.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I wonder if Parise just cashes his checks an sits in the press box the next 5 seasons or if he an the team to a mutual termination through unconditional waivers

Parise "only" has another 4 seasons on his contract after this year.

His $6M salary would certainly be tough to walk away from next season, but he's already made more than $100M in his career so maybe he would be willing to walk away for a shot at playing for the Cup.

Though if he can't crack Minnesota's lineup, I'm not sure why he would think he'd crack another Cup caliber team's lineup a year from now.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I don’t hold a grudge anymore at all. I’m definitely over it, I’ve definitely forgiven him, but holy shit. That’s a hilarious stat. That he’s only just now won more playoff games with the Wild since 2013 than he did with the Devils in all of 2012. That’s some pretty funny stuff right there. I feel like they’ve went out in the first round most years and made the second round two times (maybe three?) and lost to the Blackhawks both times. They couldn’t even crack a conference finals with those two blockbuster signings on July 4th of 2012. And his comments about being all about winning are funny now. They could have been funnier if he would have missed the playoffs almost every year, but they’re still very funny right now.

I feel like if he gets bought out, Lou will be the first in line to sign him. Lou tried to trade for him at the deadline last year. The Wild are probably wishing now that they took whatever offer. I thought reports were at the time that they didn’t think it was enough coming back their way.

I still hold a grudge.

Can they still buy him out with his NMC if he decides to waive it?

EDIT - Nevermind, for some reason I was thinking NMC's were buyout proof, but they are not.

Last edited:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
so if they mutually agree to terminate contract that means he wont get whats left on his deal? if he ltir "retire" he will still get the money but not to play again? if they buy him out the team gets hit with a cap penalty and parise still gets some of his money?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
so if they mutually agree to terminate contract that means he wont get whats left on his deal? if he ltir "retire" he will still get the money but not to play again? if they buy him out the team gets hit with a cap penalty and parise still gets some of his money?

4 years left…

a buyout gets him 2/3 of the money over 8 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad