Around The League 2021 season - part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Let me rephrase, that's what I would ask for if I was GM of the Sabres. I dont think Adams has the ability to actually get that in return.

But you guys are nuts. Eichel is easily a top-10, borderline top-5 center. In an off year he puts up a point per game on a the worst team in the league. He's 24 and locked up at a great cap hit for the next 5 years. The first full year he spends away from Buffalo he'll easily get 100 points.

The injury may be a big risk. If Eichel wants to try neck surgery that no NHL player has done before, and that’s a requirement of his showing up, you may end up with fairly damaged goods at a high dollar amount.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Rags getting Eichel would be interesting. Panarin-Eichel-Trouba would be the 2nd highest paid trio in the league I believe at ~29.5 million. Crazy Toronto's trio is still paid ~4 more million than that.
Will be interesting to see if Fox gets a bridge deal. Would like to see Fox win the Norris to help his side in negotiations next year

Reactions: Oneiro and Alex NJD

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
All signs point to the Rangers getting Eichel, Drury is desperate and making big flashy moves to appease Dolan.

Something like K. Miller + Kravstov + Lafreniere + NYR's 1st 2021 + NYR's 1st 2022
Theyd move Kakko first

if for no other reason than they chose Alexis, they were left with Kaapo

plus Alexis will certainly be better

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Ill take my guess at the Eichel package

Chytil, Kakko, Lundkvist, 2021 1st

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Theyd move Kakko first

if for no other reason than they chose Alexis, they were left with Kaapo

plus Alexis will certainly be better

I would then absolutely try and get him from buff and plant him alongside jack and hopefully he breaks out. Also moar finns!

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Buch is a UFA tho. I doubt they'd trade for his rights nor do I think Buch would want to play there.
He’s a RFA, but he has arbitration rights and you’re likely right about not wanting to play there.

The Rangers have to deal with Buch and Shesterkin as RFAs with arbitration rights this off-season and then Fox is up the next year. And he’ll have arbitration rights.

Obviously there’s several other future RFAs but they won’t have arbitration rights. And Strome and Zib are both UFAs in 2022 so they have
decisions to make about the future at center.

This can be a three way trade, similar to how Ottawa traded Turris to Nashville for Duschene. I do enjoy posters on the main board demanding Buffalo take Dumba and flip themselves instead of working up a functional three way trade.

Reactions: TheGooseIsLoose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad