Around The League 2021 season - part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It’s already been talked about that the Rangers might actually consider a Torts 3.0 era.

Hartley is a terrible suck coach.

He was working on a windshield assembly line and should have stayed there. He won the cup with a stacked Avs team that seemed to make the Conference Finals almost every year for like 7 or 8 years, no matter who the hell was coaching.

There’s even a good amount of players that don’t even like him. He got badmouthed by several players, including Bobby Holik for his time in Atlanta.

His Jackass Adams win was a joke and a fluke. They predictably got worse the next year with him, he got fired and they got better.

He’s awful. He might even be AV levels or horrible.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
just talked to a friend who's a Rag fan, he hears Babcock is a target? Just a rumor though

Honestly, might not be the worse thing for them. I am not a Babcock fan, but the guy was highly regarded (and probably overrated) as a coach for a period of time and his fall from grace may have knocked his ego down a bit and changed his perspective on how to deal with players.

Reactions: My3Sons

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Honestly, might not be the worse thing for them. I am not a Babcock fan, but the guy was highly regarded (and probably overrated) as a coach for a period of time and his fall from grace may have knocked his ego down a bit and changed his perspective on how to deal with players.
yeah I wonder if Drury wants to get a "big name" and show NY he's serious about "getting things done" ! I don't know about Babcock but I figure pressure from Dolan might cause him to do something that looks "big"

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Honestly, he was nothing special before that. He was an average NHL starter over a three year span. Had a very good 15-16, both regular season and playoffs. Had a mediocre 16-17 and a solid 17-18. He’s had three straight years of .896% since then.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Doug Wilson's quotes indicated they were gonna finally dump Jones, I assume to the AHL.

Sharks GM Doug Wilson identifies offseason priorities, with a full rebuild unlikely

“Goaltending, we have to address,” Wilson said on Wednesday to a small group of local media.

“We will explore all avenues to address goaltending,” Wilson said. “We know that it’s important. … We also think this being an expansion (draft) year, that there will be a pool of goaltenders available when we decide to add one.”

He continued: “Say I fix the goaltending, and I (find) a really good 3C — you could put a roster together of guys that, if they play up to their capabilities, can be a playoff (team) and a good hockey team.”

So I don't know if they are gonna add two goalies or what, cause their young goalies aren't that impressive.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
sounds like he's going for one of those rebuilds on the fly. it's going to be an uphill battle considering their cap situation.

Something I'd like him to do is draft Wallstedt and bring him over immediately. Seems like the current way to develop goalies: let them play in other leagues for 5-7 years until you trust them, is horribly inefficient. They are in such a rough spot that throwing a young goalie into the fire and accepting the risk they may be a disaster might be a way out for them, and it would be an interesting data point to follow.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Doug Wilson's quotes indicated they were gonna finally dump Jones, I assume to the AHL.

Sharks GM Doug Wilson identifies offseason priorities, with a full rebuild unlikely

So I don't know if they are gonna add two goalies or what, cause their young goalies aren't that impressive.

I think it makes more sense for the Sharks to buy Jones out - they immediately save $3.8M. The Sharks aren't going to be good in 5 years and so it really doesn't matter how much dead cap they pile on there - they have to get good now.

By the same token, I don't think it makes any sense for them to rebuild when they still have so many long-term deals for good players on their books. They can't really move any of those older guys and they shouldn't move the younger ones. They shouldn't be trading any more first-round picks but other picks should be in play.

Camille the Eel

Wonder if Quinn goes back to the NCAA rather than be an NHL assistant; or if he pulls another NHL head coaching offer. Interesting to watch. U Maine has a job open. But Orono, Maine is a long long way from Broadway.
Well U Maine hired U Mass assistant coach Ben Barre today to replace the late Red Gendron. So that’s one job Quinn won’t be getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad