NHL Around the League: 2021 Regular Season II - Poutineville fires Claude Julien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Would any one do Lucic 1/2 retained 3 mil per the next 3 years for Moore 3 years at 2.75?
Not me. I get that Moore is overpaid but he is still serviceable and the B's need depth on defense. Looch is off to a good start this year, but he is slow and takes too many penalties because he is behind the play or trying to be aggressive. I would not do that on a 3 year deal.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
There’s still no question that no place loves Looch like Boston.

My best guess is he gets a short term deal (a 1 or 2 year) to end his career in Boston when the time comes.

I could also see him getting dealt at the deadline next season. If he’s showing he is a character guy/leader with the flames AND is producing, I don’t see much of a chance they trade him any time soon for a rather mediocre return like a lot of people here are dreaming about

Reactions: Gordoff

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I'd be willing to bet good money that the only way Looch comes back to Boston is for a 2011 Cup reunion. Lord knows I've been wrong many times in past and will continue to be but on this one I just don't see it in any way at all. I'd be floored.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Lucic at 50% retained is better than anything in our current bottom 6 (outside of Ritchie)

6-3-9 in 23 with 64 hits is pretty damn solid and nothing to turn your nose up at. Especially when you factor in the intimidation and thump factor he still brings to the table.

His 5 ES goals would be 3rd on the Bruins behind only Pasta and Marchand

His 8 ES points would be 5th behind Pasta (14), Marchand (14), Bergeron (10), McAvoy (10)

Pretty impressive in only 12 min a game and 51% d zone start

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'd do it. Lucic for Moore would be great.

I'm assuming he gives Sweeney a wink wink agreement to go on LTIR if his play stinks.

Intangibles for a playoff run would be a big factor as well.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Damn. I remember when the Wild signed him I thought for sure they would become serious contenders but it never happened.
Didn't the Bruins want to draft him in 2003, but the Devils took him in the slot right before the Bruins pick?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

7.5 this year and for 4 more years afterwards. I would like to say it will sting but you can practically put money on Parise not getting to the end of that contract and go on LTIR, which was always the plan when he signed it anyways.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
update from Montreal:

Sean Burke has to quarantine due to protocols. Laval's goalie coach (Marco Marciano) is temporarily overseeing Price

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad