NHL Around the League: 2021 Regular Season II - Poutineville fires Claude Julien

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Watching the Flyers-Sabres game right now, man that PBP guy for the Sabres Rick J is horrible, sounds like he has a corn cob stuck in his mouth.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Watching the Flyers-Sabres game right now, man that PBP guy for the Sabres Rick J is horrible, sounds like he has a corn cob stuck in his mouth.

Rick Jeanneret is 78 and an NHL broadcasting legend. He's been doing it for as long as I can remember and I'm 53. He's retiring after this year.

Getting old is a bitch, and Father Time is undefeated.....

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
He's pushing 80 years old. Jeanneret definitely has a memorable style which I somehow heard a good amount of during my childhood in the 90s despite growing up in the Boston area.
I'd say his "May Day!" call was akin to "Bergeron! Bergeron!" for B's fans. I hated that call because I had such high hopes for the '93 B's playoff chances, but it was iconic. I've generally enjoyed Jeanneret's ability to call a game and adjust his tone appropriately with the flow of the play. Reminds me a bit of Pat Foley in that regard.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'd say his "May Day!" call was akin to "Bergeron! Bergeron!" for B's fans. I hated that call because I had such high hopes for the '93 B's playoff chances, but it was iconic. I've generally enjoyed Jeanneret's ability to call a game and adjust his tone appropriately with the flow of the play. Reminds me a bit of Pat Foley in that regard.
I can't stand Jeanneret, but it's likely due entirely to that May Day call.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Rick Jeanneret is 78 and an NHL broadcasting legend. He's been doing it for as long as I can remember and I'm 53. He's retiring after this year.

Wow did not know he was that old, no wonder he sounds slow on the PBP, definitely time for him to kick back and just watch the games.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Whenever I hear the words "May Day", I wince. I thought that '93 team would go a long way. That said, RJ could really call a brawl back in the day.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
You know, that's probably a pretty good topic for the Main Board: "Each NHL Team's most memorable broadcast call". There's a lot of good ones out there by a lot of legendary play by play guys. Honorable mention to Al Michaels "Do you believe in miracles" call as well.

I went back and watched that Brad May goal. I'd totally forgotten that Bourque was the one he undressed on the game winner. I must have blocked that out of my memory.

Our '93 team completely shit the bed in those playoffs. No way we should have lost that series, let alone get swept.

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
he and Bowen for the Leafs have the most cringe worthy voices. This will offend many but I found Doc Emrick`s voice beyond irritating too

Jack can make me cringe when he`s on one of his rants but any time I`m watching a B`s game and NESN isn`t the broadcaster, I find myself wishing they were

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
he and Bowen for the Leafs have the most cringe worthy voices. This will offend many but I found Doc Emrick`s voice beyond irritating too

Jack can make me cringe when he`s on one of his rants but any time I`m watching a B`s game and NESN isn`t the broadcaster, I find myself wishing they were
Agree Bowen is awful with his holy mackinaw, what does that even mean? Emerick was just so nasal and whinny, glad he is retired.

Reactions: ODAAT and Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->