NHL Around the League: 2021 Regular Season II - Poutineville fires Claude Julien

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

Is it me, or is that an oddly worded statement?

It is odd.

You'd think that the retirement of one of your cornerstone defensemen over the past 12 years would merit a little more gratitude.

Once again the Hawks unwind themselves from a really tough contract through retirement. First Hossa, now Seabrook.

I really hope Johnny Toews doesn't end up following suit. I'll admit that the silence surrounding his recovery progress has me a little worried.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Is it me, or is that an oddly worded statement?

His GWG in Game 4 of the 2013 SCF changed the series

1009298_10200912647071145_541802809_o.jpg

My friend Heather who @Ladyfan met loved Seabrook this much

IMG_3923.JPG

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
His GWG in Game 4 of the 2013 SCF changed the series

View attachment 403609

That was a great series. I went to Game 2 at the UC.

We got beat in 6, but I still say we could have easily swept that series.

We were cruising 3-1 in the 3rd in Game 1 until that brutal Krug turnover let Chicago back in the game.....then the OT loss in Game 4.

Oh, what could have been......

Reactions: Budddy

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
From the Athletic

Former Sabres captains weigh in on team's woes: 'A whole new kind of unwatchable'

A quick Q&A with a former Sabres captain

Let’s see, my thoughts on the season … I wouldn’t even know where to start.
Do you watch the games regularly?
I watch them, which is kind of funny.
Why’s that?
Because they’re unwatchable.
Well …
And I don’t mean unwatchable like the NHL was in the late 1990s or early 2000s. This is a whole new kind of unwatchable. I just get aggravated, but I watch because it almost feels like I’m obligated.

YIKES.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
From the Athletic

Former Sabres captains weigh in on team's woes: 'A whole new kind of unwatchable'

Why’s that?
Well …
And I don’t mean unwatchable like the NHL was in the late 1990s or early 2000s. This is a whole new kind of unwatchable. I just get aggravated, but I watch because it almost feels like I’m obligated.

YIKES.
Peca or Brian Campbell

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
From the Athletic

Why’s that?
Well …

YIKES.
That team is a complete dumpster fire......and they shouldn't be. The thing is, they've got a fair amount of talent on that roster.

Kruger has to go. That team needs a hard assed coach like John Tortorella to provide some structure, put a little hate in their hearts, and weed out the shitbirds..

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It is odd.

You'd think that the retirement of one of your cornerstone defensemen over the past 12 years would merit a little more gratitude.

Once again the Hawks unwind themselves from a really tough contract through retirement. First Hossa, now Seabrook.

I really hope Johnny Toews doesn't end up following suit. I'll admit that the silence surrounding his recovery progress has me a little worried.
when Seabrook was in his prime, he was an absolutely terrific D-man, totally forgot Toews hasn`t played this year either

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Watching Anaheim-Colorado OT... I've never actually seen these Ducks jerseys in action (the orange alts).... they're pretty bad. Never hated them seeing them in pictures, but watching them on the ice... no thanks.

Love the Aves' Nordiques throwbacks though.

Reactions: Number6

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Heavyweight fight, Gabriel did well. Reaves fights are always a show, fun guy to watch.

Nice bout. I haven't looked at the stats to confirm this, but it certainly feels like the frequency of fights is up this season. Makes sense, and is largely as expected, with teams needing to work harder to psych themselves up rather than rely on feeding off crowd energy.

Reactions: The National

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
That team is a complete dumpster fire......and they shouldn't be. The thing is, they've got a fair amount of talent on that roster.

Kruger has to go. That team needs a hard assed coach like John Tortorella to provide some structure, put a little hate in their hearts, and weed out the shitbirds..

Well, Eichel is probably going to ask out anyways, that would just speed up the process.

Reactions: The National

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times over the years. Always took time to talk to everyone, a true gentleman.

Solid post forgot to come here and say exactly this, they held a 3 day girls tourney at Brantford in Walters name has been going for awhile now, except this year obviously and was the last tourney my daughter played in before the covid protocol.

I know my daughter loved this tournament cause as I’m try to count them ..lol think it had 5 surfaces at one place so it got quite busy and you’d often see a group of people around Walter getting pictures and autographs my daughter was certainly saddened by the news has gotten a few pictures with him over the years.

Thanks for everything Walter !

Last edited:

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Matt Barzal with a RIDICULOUS goal to tie.

You weren't kidding. He's such a blast to watch. Probably one of my 5 favorite non-Bruins players along with Lindholm, Couturier, Connor, and Barkov. It hurts a lot knowing that we effed up such an easy slam-dunk. :(

I also noticed that former Bruin Noel Acciari notched a hattrick today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia