GDT: Around the League - 2021/22 - Playoffs edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
oh hey look whats trending ;)

View attachment 562370
Honestly, at this rate, Dubas should just be an influencer.
I understand Kadri won the Cup and all but it was the right move for both Kadri and the Leafs at that time.

If anything Perry should be trending even more being 3 time loser in a row.
Hopefully that will stop all the let’s sign Perry thing.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Really happy for Kadri.

Really wish posters here would shut it with the revisionist hot takes. Reminds me why I spend less & less time on this board these days.

You and me both. I don't even listen to sports radio, for many years now.

It's all toxic.

Watch the games, keep track of what else is going on in the league, go do more important stuff.

There's only so much time in a day. To argue and bicker about hockey in a negative way seems more and more of a waste of time for me.

Watching Kadri lift the cup with my Kadri Leafs jersey on was awesome. And loved his post game interview, he was just having a laugh and I liked it. He must feel amazing right now and his family must be so proud.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I understand Kadri won the Cup and all but it was the right move for both Kadri and the Leafs at that time.

Dubas has lost 3 first rounds since he banished Naz. Kadri was not the only problem.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Perry has another year with Tampa.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Dubas has lost 3 first rounds since he banished Naz. Kadri was not the only problem.

His suspensions were a problem.

The questions that still remain for me are:

Was he punished too harshly compared to other players on other teams especially teams we were playing?

If so, why?

Did the coaching staff or the coach in particular push him to play that way, even though all us Leafs fans knew he needed to dial it back and just be the awesome player he is but still keep a bit of an edge to his game?

In the end it doesn't matter. They had to give up on him because he had a target on his back from the DoPS and we kept losing a very important player and it didn't feel right, but also didn't feel like that was ever going to change.

Imagine last playoffs when we lose Tavares, we have Kadri still to step in there on the second line.......who knows?

We'll never know.

Super happy for Kadri though.

I wonder if he gets a text or phone call from Tucker. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that.

Reactions: Vaive50 and ToneDog

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018

Was he punished too harshly compared to other players on other teams especially teams we were playing?

If so, why?

Did the coaching staff or the coach in particular push him to play that way, even though all us Leafs fans knew he needed to dial it back and just be the awesome player he is but still keep a bit of an edge to his game?

In the end it doesn't matter. They had to give up on him because he had a target on his back from the DoPS and we kept losing a very important player and it didn't feel right, but also didn't feel like that was ever going to change.

Imagine last playoffs when we lose Tavares, we have Kadri still to step in there on the second line.......who knows?

We'll never know.

Super happy for Kadri though.

I wonder if he gets a text or phone call from Tucker. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that.
For sure he got treated differently. Same thing, to a slightly lesser extent happens with Nylander now.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Bednar summed it up nicely when he said that their skill had to be tougher, play harder in order to get over the hump. So true.

So does this finally mean we can stop with grit over skill? No more Lyubushkin over Liljegren? No more Foligno/Thornton/Simmonds/Clifford over guys who actually have skill to be in an NHL lineup?

Totally down for that.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

100%. Tim Peel literally tweeted out “Karma” or some shit when Kadri got injured. Guaranteed the refs had it out for him and let the Bruins abuse the shit out of him until he couldn’t take anymore. And Parros that rat f*** was only too eager to go overboard with his suspensions.

Last edited:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
So does this finally mean we can stop with grit over skill? No more Lyubushkin over Liljegren? No more Foligno/Thornton/Simmonds/Clifford over guys who actually have skill to be in an NHL lineup?

Totally down for that.
How about both.
Do you see the grit and strength on Landy, Nikushkin, Rantanen, etc? They didn’t let Tampa out of their zone for half a period.
They could skill and muscle. Pass and lean on you.
How about great play from Kadri with a broken hand. It’s not the all star game.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Totally down for that.
He didn’t mention any of those guys. He was proud of Manson, though.

Reactions: ToneDog

horner

May 22, 2007

Totally down for that.
You can have all the skill you want but if they are not committed to win, then you lose in the first rd.
TB has a brick wall in goal but the commitment of ALL the TB players is impressive . We don't have this level of commitment and never will .
Colorado has a tone of skill but ALL of there players are committed to win , no one says away from contact , WE do.

Reactions: ToneDog

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He didn’t mention any of those guys. He was proud of Manson, though.

Well it would be odd for him to mention fringe NHLers on other random teams in his Cup winning speech.

Not really the point though is it?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
You can have all the skill you want but if they are not committed to win, then you lose in the first rd.
TB has a brick wall in goal but the commitment of ALL the TB players is impressive . We don't have this level of commitment and never will .
Colorado has a tone of skill but ALL of there players are committed to win , no one says away from contact , WE do.
Skill has grit too. Not sure why this board has an issue with that concept.
The guys that were mentioned, Simmonds, Clifford, aren’t good.
The skilled guys we had in Malgin, Petan, aren’t good.

Your skill guys need to have it, at least some of them or you don’t win. It’s not an all star game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad