GDT: Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

DeAngelo pissed that Parler is gone, upset about cancel culture and gets benched (cancelled) for undisciplined play. The irony is delicious.

The joke I heard is that DeAngelo won't keep quiet about wanting to play right wing, whereas the Rangers want him to shut-up and focus on playing defense.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/tony-deangelo-not-in-rangers-lineup-for-game-vs-islanders/

"The Rangers defenseman skated with the taxi squad Friday after getting called for an unsportsmanlike conduct 1:05 into the third period of Thursday’s 4-0 loss to the Isles. DeAngelo, who has been a healthy scratch before under head coach David Quinn for what the coach described last season as “maturity issues,” slammed the penalty box door and yelled at the refs after committing a holding penalty."

Any further suspensions beyond slamming the gate (and how many other players have done that out of frustrations) would be a fault of the Rangers organization.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Also mentioned in that NY Post article was that everyone's favourite player, that hasn't had a chance, Josh Ho-Sang.

"The Islanders loaned Josh Ho-Sang to the Swedish Hockey League’s Orebro HK for the remainder of the 2020-21 season.
The Post reported that Ho-Sang intended to play for the Islanders’ AHL affiliate in Bridgeport if that was what the organization wanted. But after the 24-year-old was not invited to training camp before clearing waivers last week, it became clear the Islanders didn’t intend to use him during the 56-game season."

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/tony-deangelo-not-in-rangers-lineup-for-game-vs-islanders/

"The Rangers defenseman skated with the taxi squad Friday after getting called for an unsportsmanlike conduct 1:05 into the third period of Thursday’s 4-0 loss to the Isles. DeAngelo, who has been a healthy scratch before under head coach David Quinn for what the coach described last season as “maturity issues,” slammed the penalty box door and yelled at the refs after committing a holding penalty."

Any further suspensions beyond slamming the gate (and how many other players have done that out of frustrations) would be a fault of the Rangers organization.

The thing about DeAngelo is that he is always right. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Frank the Tank

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Also mentioned in that NY Post article was that everyone's favourite player, that hasn't had a chance, Josh Ho-Sang.

"The Islanders loaned Josh Ho-Sang to the Swedish Hockey League’s Orebro HK for the remainder of the 2020-21 season.
The Post reported that Ho-Sang intended to play for the Islanders’ AHL affiliate in Bridgeport if that was what the organization wanted. But after the 24-year-old was not invited to training camp before clearing waivers last week, it became clear the Islanders didn’t intend to use him during the 56-game season."

Everyone’s favorite player?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Him sitting out was due to reacting to a holding call. Not sure why the other stuff was added and the only reason he's sitting wasn't mentioned.

I know, I referenced the undisciplined play and was making a joke that he was pissed off because his Parler was gone and he was pissed off about cancel culture - and then he was cancelled (sat).

It was a joke.

Reactions: oilers'72

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I know, I referenced the undisciplined play and was making a joke that he was pissed off because his Parler was gone and he was pissed off about cancel culture - and then he was cancelled (sat).

It was a joke.

Sorry, I don't follow what players do or post, so I couldn't tell the context of your OP. I do agree with him, though. Censorship is not a good path to follow.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Sorry, I don't follow what players do or post, so I couldn't tell the context of your OP. I do agree with him, though. Censorship is not a good path to follow.

No worries. Re:the bolded, I’m not going to get into that here, as it violates the terms of service with HFBoards.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Keefe is trying desperately to be best buddies with Nostrils and Marner the Garden Gnome, so he hangs the loss on Andersen with a healthy scratch just to take the pressure off his buddies.

I wonder what music Keefe let the players play during the game day practice this morning?

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Keefe is trying desperately to be best buddies with Nostrils and Marner the Garden Gnome, so he hangs the loss on Andersen with a healthy scratch just to take the pressure off his buddies.

I wonder what music Keefe let the players play during the game day practice this morning?

whatever they played, dumbass said it was his favorite song

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Plus some butts in the seats.

I see that,

on the note of the center ice circle, I wish the league would allow more freedom with what teams put there, I'd love to see the Oilers go back to having their logo just touching the outside of the circle like they did until the mid 90s

BakedYams

Jan 14, 2017

Makes sense. It's rare to have three NHL-capable goalies on a roster, so giving the unquestioned starter a day off during a condensed season hopefully helps keep him fresh. That being said, it's definitely an unusual situation and worth keeping an eye on.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Makes sense. It's rare to have three NHL-capable goalies on a roster, so giving the unquestioned starter a day off during a condensed season hopefully helps keep him fresh. That being said, it's definitely an unusual situation and worth keeping an eye on.

the team in front of the goalies has to be able to win a game for the strategy to work though :laugh:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Different situation, but I think back to the 2006 playoffs, when MacT alternated Conklin and Markkanen as the backup each game. Seemed like a minor thing, but can argue it cost us the SC.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I see that,

on the note of the center ice circle, I wish the league would allow more freedom with what teams put there, I'd love to see the Oilers go back to having their logo just touching the outside of the circle like they did until the mid 90s

I can't find a photo showing the center ice logo before the mid 90s. There was a time when it was 2 small logos inside the circle. I had season's tickets from 1978-80 but can't recall the circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig