FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
From an outsider view...

4rfdti.jpg

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Did someone named Pierre say something about Toews hurting himself working out or is that an error?
There is a thread on the Hawks board about it.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Basically unlimited control of the schedules of arenas, barely any teams you need to match up against eachother. And the league still creates some trash schedule full of back to backs. Can't even just make the back to back games against the same team twice every time. Would have been ridiculously easy to do.

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Sounds like Sens fans are a little confused about this move as adding another vet further limits the spots available for the young players coming in to develop.

Having vets that can still contribute on the ice n not just off the ice will bode well for the youngsters in that line up. It'll make them work harder to earn a spot, and they'll also get lessons from the vets for making it in the NHL and sticking around long term.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Having vets that can still contribute on the ice n not just off the ice will bode well for the youngsters in that line up. It'll make them work harder to earn a spot, and they'll also get lessons from the vets for making it in the NHL and sticking around long term.

I don't disagree. He'll also make the Sens a better team this year and take some pressure off those young guys too. It's just the cost of a 2nd rounder and likely less reps this year for guys like Norris being weighed against adding Stepan. I don't think making the young guys work for it is a bad thing. Curious to see if Stepan's production comes back at all too with the move out of the desert. It is a contract year for him.

Reactions: yukoner88

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
I don't disagree. He'll also make the Sens a better team this year and take some pressure off those young guys too. It's just the cost of a 2nd rounder and likely less reps this year for guys like Norris being weighed against adding Stepan. I don't think making the young guys work for it is a bad thing. Curious to see if Stepan's production comes back at all too with the move out of the desert. It is a contract year for him.

The Senators do still have two 2nd round picks and the Columbus pick is likely to be later than their own and San Jose's. That probably allowed Ottawa to feel more comfortable with the value.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
The Senators do still have two 2nd round picks and the Columbus pick is likely to be later than their own and San Jose's. That probably allowed Ottawa to feel more comfortable with the value.

I've never understood this line of thinking. Just because you have extra 2nds it's okay to give one away for less than full value?
If I have $300 I'm not just going to spend $100 on a $50 book because I'll still have $200 left over so wasting $50 is fine.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
I've never understood this line of thinking. Just because you have extra 2nds it's okay to give one away for less than full value?
If I have $300 I'm not just going to spend $100 on a $50 book because I'll still have $200 left over so wasting $50 is fine.

If you have usually have $100 to spend on groceries but one week you go to the grocery store with an extra $200, would you be more willing to buy something that you like but doesn't fit your usual $100 budget?

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
If you have usually have $100 to spend on groceries but one week you go to the grocery store with an extra $200, would you be more willing to buy something that you like but doesn't fit your usual $100 budget?

Not if the grocery store is overcharging for it.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012

Just like how Hall and Eberle learned from Horcoff. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad