Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Lecavalier and Martin St Louis era was fun for them with 1 cup together but sucks how things turned out later for Lecavalier in his career from 50 goal machine to depth player too fast.
Yeah Vinny only had a short period where he was truly playing at an elite level for entire seasons. He always was capable of dynamic play for spurts but it was really just those two seasons where it all came together. Matt Cooke may have played a role in accelerating his decline. Vinny was a unique player in that it was tough to categorize him into the traditional playmaker or goal-scorer molds. He was just a well-rounded offensive player.

MSL was the better player but they both were really good in the playoffs. They were fantastic in 2011. But I don’t think Vinny is a HOFer.

they also had Dan Boyle, prime Brad Richards, and a couple other players who have played big roles for the franchise.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Anytime Aho does something, it makes me sad to think he was still available when the Ducks picked Larsson.

I still don't understand how Jacob was the third rated Euro skater.
I hope Larsson has saved or invested his money wisely.
If he's worse than Sbisa then he might not last much longer before going back to europe.
The Ducks 2nd rounder Nattinen was a such a miss too.

Reactions: DigiDuck

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It’s so weird watching Oilers Jets after seeing all the US series with fans. So much less intensity.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Don’t want to write off a team with championship pedigree this early, but St. Louis looks exhausted and overmatched. Avs probably close this out in 5.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don’t want to write off a team with championship pedigree this early, but St. Louis looks exhausted and overmatched. Avs probably close this out in 5.

St. Louis struggled against us, down the stretch. So yeah, not surprising they are having a hard time against a Top team in the league.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
And to nobody’s surprise when the games matter relying on two players to do everything for you doesn’t work. Oilers have arguably the two best forwards in the league and they can’t win shot when it counts.

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
MacKinnon damn near singlehandedly carried the Avs to the conference finals last year when their entire team got hurt, he was absurd in the Dallas series. He's gotta be on a mission and they have everyone back.

Last edited:

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
And to nobody’s surprise when the games matter relying on two players to do everything for you doesn’t work. Oilers have arguably the two best forwards in the league and they can’t win shot when it counts.

I've said this before, but the lack of any sort of investment into quality wingers for McDrai must violate international law. I mean, I'm not mad about it as a division rival, but it would be better for hockey if the best player of this generation and last year's MVP were not forced to carry around Alex Chaisson, Zack Kassian, and the corpse of James Neal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad