Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Never understood how Point fell to Round 3 in his draft year and don’t understand it now. Man is so good

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Rogers

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I love that battle of Florida. That and Caps Bruins were two of the best games I’ve seen in a long time.

Kucherov is incredible. He takes a season off and everybody forgets how good he is but for my money he’s right in that second tier of players, as good or better than MacKinnon/Matthews/Draisaitl etc. His vision and IQ with the puck are among the best in the league.

Reactions: Kalv and Mr Rogers

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Brayden point is the reason I want beniers so bad. I can see him topping off as a similar player. What a player point is man I love his game. There's not many players I would take over him in the playoffs.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
As much as people crap on the west division this season, it has 4 strong teams capable of making a run. Really, it’s the bottom of that division that was garbage. That Wild-Vegas game was a tight checking battle

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Man, I think Florida just had to have that game. I won’t say they’re done but it was way more crucial for them to win that than Tampa. Beating TB 4 out of 6 times is such an uphill battle

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tampa bending the rules with the cap situation is just not right. NHL needs to adjust the rules. Teams would not load up for playoffs or use their LTIR to take advantage of the regular season like they did if the cap counted during playoffs.

Kinda annoying, but between the Ducks issue with lack of getting drawn penalties due to biased reffing, and the Rangers Tom Wilson incident, really getting tired of NHL management and it needs to change.

I wouldn’t make such a big deal but both my teams have been given the short end of the stick from the NHL, especially this season.

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
He couldn't skate. Tampa's development team is outstanding.

That is true, he did have skating concerns as an undersized forward which is no bueno. But even then, he was still one of my favorites in his draft year; my man put up 91 points and had nearly 40 more points than his next closest teammate on a terrible Moose Jaw team. He carried that group

Tampa's development group is terrific though and we should be all over potential expansion draft trades if we want to upgrade the 4th forward spot if we go eight skaters. They'll definitely have a ready-made replacement to fill in the gaps.

Reactions: Static

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Normally root for Tampa but hoping Florida wins this one. Didn't like it when Chicago did their "within the rules" cap circumvention and not a fan of Tampa for doing it either.

Thinking of jumping on the Carolina bandwagon, fun team, have cousins who live in the Carolinas, and plus Hakanpaa is there and really like Fluery here in Anaheim. I guess i believe in Karma, wish for one to succeed and will get success in return or some shit like that lol.

Reactions: lwvs84

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I have to double check but I think Tampa have failed a lot of first round picks. They get low-round gems constantly tho

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Tampa bending the rules with the cap situation is just not right. NHL needs to adjust the rules. Teams would not load up for playoffs or use their LTIR to take advantage of the regular season like they did if the cap counted during playoffs.

Kinda annoying, but between the Ducks issue with lack of getting drawn penalties due to biased reffing, and the Rangers Tom Wilson incident, really getting tired of NHL management and it needs to change.

I wouldn’t make such a big deal but both my teams have been given the short end of the stick from the NHL, especially this season.

It’s been happening for years and the league has never done a thing about it. They’re not even the only team doing it, it’s just the guy they had on LTIR is one of the most prolific offensive players in the league where as teams like the Leafs who also have been doing it have less sexy names like Riley Nash.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I have to double check but I think Tampa have failed a lot of first round picks. They get low-round gems constantly tho

Yeah I’m looking through their first round the past 10 years and they have a few disappointing picks - Koekkoek, Connolly and Howden but no flat out misses who never made the league.

And yeah their late round drafting is phenomenal. Kucherov late in the second, Point and Cirelli in the third, Palat in the seventh all make up for any shortcomings they’ve had drafting in the first round.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s been happening for years and the league has never done a thing about it. They’re not even the only team doing it, it’s just the guy they had on LTIR is one of the most prolific offensive players in the league where as teams like the Leafs who also have been doing it have less sexy names like Riley Nash.

They have bent this rule to the point of almost breaking it, imo. Kucherov looked like he could have easily played some regular season games, and could have returned much sooner. The timing was just very shady and not a coincidence, and that to me is where the issue is. If he came back in the 2nd round or like Game 4 or 5 of this round, then maybe it's not an issue. But by him sitting out those regular season games, and likely could have played, it pushes their cap issues off to later but not before contending for another cup, while having a 90 million cap hit.

Reactions: duxfan1101

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
Sam Bennett getting a one-game suspension for his hit on Blake Coleman, but Ryan McDonagh gets nothing for his hit on Anthony Duclair? DoPS strikes again! Lack of consistency on any issue they get is astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad