GDT: Around the League 2020-21 v24

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'm not against vaccines but I don't think anyone should be forced to take this one. I know two people who got pretty serious side effects from these vaccines and there's been even lots of deaths reported as side effects. Here in Finland we also remember the previous time a vaccine came to the market hastily, it took almost a year for narcolepsy cases to come public and longer to realize what the extent was. The biggest disappointment and maybe a lesson was to see how the government avoided their responsobility as long as possible and the hundreds of victims had to go through lengthy court processes.

Again I emphasize I'm not against vaccines in general and these covid vaccines are obviously a recommended option for at least people in the risk groups. They seem to do a pretty good a job in protecting from the most serious forms but much less with protecting from the virus and thus spreading it.

You can get a serious adverse reaction from taking a Tylenol or eating MSG. The cases of reactions and deaths to the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines is beyond minuscule. Adverse reactions are the false flag the AV keep waving.

If your job requires a vaccine and your ignorant enough to not want one because you think your smarter than international science then quit your job.

It’s that simple.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The topic was permanently closed though, probably because most of the posts around it are almost always skirting the political.

The topic wasn’t closed, just the dedicated thread. Today’s news from the league brought it front and centre as far as hockey goes. As long as people don’t get too political it seems to be allowed.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
You can get a serious adverse reaction from taking a Tylenol or eating MSG. The cases of reactions and deaths to the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines is beyond minuscule. Adverse reactions are the false flag the AV keep waving.

If your job requires a vaccine and your ignorant enough to not want one because you think your smarter than international science then quit your job.

It’s that simple.

I've studied these things pretty thoroughly and would have a lot to say, but I know how it goes, it's better to keep my mouth shut and step aside :)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I've studied these things pretty thoroughly and would have a lot to say, but I know how it goes, it's better to keep my mouth shut and step aside :)

My son has a PHD directly in this science and was headhunted by 6 of the top research institutes in Europe. I take my advice from him. If he says it’s safe, it’s safe.

:)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The topic was permanently closed though, probably because most of the posts around it are almost always skirting the political.

I said to myself I wouldn’t comment on it as I wasn’t in the CV threads. I am soooo just sick and tired of this shit and when we have a clear path out of this mess, 25 - 50% won’t get their jab causing the problem to just get worse.

I have gotten to the point where I am now openly hostile to the AV lunatics sad to say. But I have to let it go on the hockey forum. Not the place for it.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'm not against vaccines but I don't think anyone should be forced to take this one. I know two people who got pretty serious side effects from these vaccines and there's been even lots of deaths reported as side effects. Here in Finland we also remember the previous time a vaccine came to the market hastily, it took almost a year for narcolepsy cases to come public and longer to realize what the extent was. The biggest disappointment and maybe a lesson was to see how the government avoided their responsobility as long as possible and the hundreds of victims had to go through lengthy court processes.

Again I emphasize I'm not against vaccines in general and these covid vaccines are obviously a recommended option for at least people in the risk groups. They seem to do a pretty good a job in protecting from the most serious forms but much less with protecting from the virus and thus spreading it.
No one is being forced to take the vaccine. Businesses have the right to provide safety requirements for customers and/or employees, and this is one of them. If you're a smoker and you can't get into a venue because of smoking restrictions, no one is saying you have to quit.
And everyone has an anecdote about this person or that person getting ill from a vaccine. Tends to happen with the regular flu shot too. But the stats now show, that with nearly restrictive free movement, hospital cases and ICU beds are now filling up again, along with a few deaths. And nearly ALL of these are from non-vaxxed people. Doesn't take much to connect the dots.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012

Had the incredible privilege of seeing Hemsky's very last Oilers game, a 3-2 win against Ottawa. He got 2 goals and opened the scoring with one of his trademark dangles.

And then after the game, when he was named the first star, he autographed one of the panels of glass before heading in to the locker room one last time.

I'll never forget that as long as I live.

It's a sorry shame that Hemsky was never the same after his 2009 shoulder injury.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

‘During a call that lasted more than an hour last week, NHL players were “strongly encouraged” by the NHL Players’ Association to get fully vaccinated and warned about potential loss of pay during the upcoming season if they do not do so. The NHLPA discussed the potential for teams to withhold paychecks should an unvaccinated player contract COVID-19 or if an unvaccinated player can’t accompany his team on road trips where local or federal authorities require vaccinations to enter.’

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

‘During a call that lasted more than an hour last week, NHL players were “strongly encouraged” by the NHL Players’ Association to get fully vaccinated and warned about potential loss of pay during the upcoming season if they do not do so. The NHLPA discussed the potential for teams to withhold paychecks should an unvaccinated player contract COVID-19 or if an unvaccinated player can’t accompany his team on road trips where local or federal authorities require vaccinations to enter.’

Could you imagine the *mindset* of an NHL player not yet fully vaccinated?

Your job is to go out and play a group sport on big teams, Your job is to play in front of thousands. everything about your job puts you at risk. But somehow theres dullards that don't get vaccinated when its your job to?

Its amazing to me at this point.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
The fact that they are all belly laughing at the Hyman deal, but happy with Coleman shows how deep their delusion is.

In what planet is Hyman an overpay, but Coleman at a year less and $600k/season less isn't? Hyman is way more player than Coleman is.

Oiler media always pumping the Flames tires drives me mental. Stauffer always cheering them on and going out of his way to praise them (he was one of the many morons touting the Flames defense as the best year over year) is incredibly annoying.

Don't tell this to anyone on the main boards, but the mocking of "LOL you're in cap HELL!!!" is just so mind numbing I don't even know where to begin. Besides the point that it isn't really even that true if you have knowledge of the cap outlook, I just don't know what the point of the argument is. Would it be better if the Oilers did nothing, but had cap room? I just don't get it.

If the Oilers avoided all these deals that the main board morons are laughing at, we would surely be getting roasted about wasting the McDavid years and not improving. There's one thread about how Holland is an idiot for not trading 1sts to go for it, but then another one about how he's an idiot for putting the team in "cap hell" by making moves to improve the team. I'm really not sure what the Oilers are supposed to be doing lol.

Flames fans have a special level of denial when it comes to their team.

Unfortunately Oilers fans have a similar level when it comes to how badly Holland has mismanaged our cap and how bad our situation is.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Flames fans have a special level of denial when it comes to their team.

Unfortunately Oilers fans have a similar level when it comes to how badly Holland has mismanaged our cap and how bad our situation is.
Our situation is that bad? Interesting I wasn’t aware the season started yet. Our level of denial isn’t close to your level of world is ending mentality. Every draft pick or free agent signing is the worst thing ever in your opinion. Just cheer for a different team already. You clearly don’t like this one.

Edit : I just woke up from my nap and I’m a little grumpy ;)

Last edited:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Could you imagine the *mindset* of an NHL player not yet fully vaccinated?

Your job is to go out and play a group sport on big teams, Your job is to play in front of thousands. everything about your job puts you at risk. But somehow theres dullards that don't get vaccinated when its your job to?

Its amazing to me at this point.

It’s a case study in the influence of internet propaganda over dumb people.

I look at some people I know that aren’t vaccinated and I just know for a fact (age, weight, etc) that they will end up in the hospital or close to it if they get it, but still refuse. Infuriating.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
My son has a PHD directly in this science and was headhunted by 6 of the top research institutes in Europe. I take my advice from him. If he says it’s safe, it’s safe.

:)

Sounds like your son has a great job and I understand you following his advise. Unfortunately nobody can gurantee the final outcome. There's been cases where the best experts recommend something and somehow they are wrong. Here in Scandivavia we know this as the previous hasty vaccine brought some nasty diseases (about 200 cases of narcolepsy (mainly young people), obviously chronic fatique as Norway has admmitted etc.), that one was supposed to be safe as well. But again, I understand sometimes risks are necessary so I'm not against any vaccines, just encourage people to do their own research.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Sounds like your son has a great job and I understand you following his advise. Unfortunately nobody can gurantee the final outcome. There's been cases where the best experts recommend something and somehow they are wrong. Here in Scandivavia we know this as the previous hasty vaccine brought some nasty diseases (about 200 cases of narcolepsy (mainly young people), obviously chronic fatique as Norway has admmitted etc.), that one was supposed to be safe as well. But again, I understand sometimes risks are necessary so I'm not against any vaccines, just encourage people to do their own research.

“Doing your own research” is the other false flag the AV wave.

The core of this vaccine has been worked on since 2010. It’s not a rushed vaccine.

Do you trust your iPhone won’t explode? Do you trust your vitamins won’t give you colon cancer? Do you trust the flu shot you got before Covid?

People doing “their own research” doesn’t trump (no pun intended) a PHD in molecular genetics and biomedical science sorry.

“Doing your own research” is a false flag argument because the proper research backing the science is publicly available.

Anyway enough from me on that - as I said I’ve avoided the CV discussion for the most part here and will try to keep it that way as I prefer to keep it mainly to hockey.

I’m just mad as hell at anyone not getting their jab and “doing their own research” simply demeans my sons and every scientists years (decades) of hard work and PHD degrees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad