GDT: Around the League 2020-21 v15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Palmieri wins it for the Isles, his second of the game. He hadn't really done much for the Isles in the regular season, but deadline pickups are all about what they do in the postseason. Good start for Palmieri and the Isles.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I have to admit I wasn’t really impressed with either of the Penguins or Islanders. Both teams seemed to be lacking defensively. Also, Jarry had a tough day in net.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Palmieri wins it for the Isles, his second of the game. He hadn't really done much for the Isles in the regular season, but deadline pickups are all about what they do in the postseason. Good start for Palmieri and the Isles.

Yup, you can win with guys like Palms.... guys like Hall pick up easy points during the dog days of the reg season and disappear when things get ramped up. Palms and Hischier actually did much more of the real work to get Hall his Hart that one year. You want guys like Foligno, Palms etc way more than Hall when the real bullets start to fly.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Yup, you can win with guys like Palms.... guys like Hall pick up easy points during the dog days of the reg season and disappear when things get ramped up. Palms and Hischier actually did much more of the real work to get Hall his Hart that one year. You want guys like Foligno, Palms etc way more than Hall when the real bullets start to fly.

Dude, I'm not the biggest Hall fan, but your obsession with him is getting creepy.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Talbot looking good so far for the Wild. Minnesota has had Vegas' number so it wouldn't be surprising to see them knock off the Golden Knights. Should be a good series anyways.

Reactions: PBandJ

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
With this beautiful weather I'm not watching much hockey until Wednesday. Perhaps because of the non interlocking schedules I've lost interest in most of the US clubs.

Just catching up that a TDL pickup, Palmeiri, scores 2 G's in game 1 including OT winner and is the reason the Islanders win game 1. As others have mentioned woulda been nice to get some forward pickup.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Talbot looking good so far for the Wild. Minnesota has had Vegas' number so it wouldn't be surprising to see them knock off the Golden Knights. Should be a good series anyways.

Still pisses me off that the org gave up on Talbot. Sathers parting gift to his old org and the Oilers are too stupid to even realize he was the longterm answer in net.

Reactions: yukoner88

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Still pisses me off that the org gave up on Talbot. Sathers parting gift to his old org and the Oilers are too stupid to even realize he was the longterm answer in net.
The fanbase turned on him and when the fanbase turns on you, you're done.

Not surprisingly the team still wasn't very good after he was jettisoned.

Hell, he was still good for the Flames last year save for the last playoff game.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The fanbase turned on him and when the fanbase turns on you, you're done.

Not surprisingly the team still wasn't very good after he was jettisoned.

Hell, he was still good for the Flames last year save for the last playoff game.

Fans turned on Smith. And yet here we are. Most fans have extremely short memories. Play well, and all is forgiven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad