NY Rangers @ Boston
New Jersey @ NY Islanders
Buffalo @ Pittsburgh
Montreal @ Toronto

4oeX82M.gif

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
CGY lingering longer is fun though.

In the off-season they will be talking about how they were right in the thick of things until the end and then do something stupid like trade futures for an aging vet

I hope Ottawa gets to be the team that mathematically snuffs them out.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Stamkos and Kucherov are both back practicing for Tampa. Amazing how this just happens to be days before theend of the season.

Yeah this was one of those situations where once it was announced Kucherov was going on LTIR and it saved the Lightning from having to make moves they didn't want to to become cap compliant your mind immediately fastforwarded to the end of the season and the potential for Kucherov to come off LTIR just in time for the playoffs and get added to the roster for game 1 of the playoffs. Well surprise surprise Kucherov is looking like he'll be coming off of LTIR for game 1 of the playoffs.

How is this not cap circumvention? The Lightning have a significant competitive advantage because they're going to have over $90M worth of players on their roster for the postseason. No other team is close to that and in fact most playoff teams are below the $81.5M in players they're supposed to have, and the players they do have on LTIR were legitimately injured during the course of the season.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Flames fans have been badmouthing the North Division all year.

Ironic, given that their team is the biggest fail in the Division. Ottawa will likely finish above them.

"But the Oilers are in a weak division. They wouldn't have as many points in the Pacific Division."

Reasons why this argument by Flames fans is stupid:

A: If true (and I'm not saying it is), this means that the Flames would be even more horrible than they have been this season.

B: The Pacific Division has a bunch of bottom feeder teams... Meaning that the Oilers would have the same or even more success as this season. It's not a very tough division at this point.

C: Everything that comes out of Flames fans' mouths is stupid. This is just par for the course.

Reactions: oilers'72 and ujju2

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
It's incredible how bad the NHL has handled the last 2 days. You might think the best hockey league in the world isn't run worse than my local beer league. Now watch Buchnevich getting suspended..

Reactions: TB12 and Faelko

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I just finished reading a Toronto article about Matthews.

Says he could barely hold his stick at times.

Talks about how Matthews could stop playing and McDavid would still need 9 goals to catch him lol

Said he has been very innovate and has had the remarkable ability to score a wrap around goal and a deflection while "injured".

It shows how good of a playmaker Marner is. They shared 29% of their ice time the last 3 years. This year, 87%. Goals went up with a good playmaker.

marner has a primary assist on 18 of Matthews goals and 6 secondnary assists for a total of 24/39

Goals is the only thing that will ever be talked about with this guy. He is not even in the same stratosphere as others when it comes to making plays.

I am sorry, but scoring maybe 8-10 more goals than the next guy is great, but it is not this insane crazy year. I give him kudos for the rate he scores at,. That is eye popping. It's pretty insane how many goals he has scored in his last 82 games. I think it is well over 60?

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
"But the Oilers are in a weak division. They wouldn't have as many points in the Pacific Division."

Reasons why this argument by Flames fans is stupid:

A: If true (and I'm not saying it is), this means that the Flames would be even more horrible than they have been this season.

B: The Pacific Division has a bunch of bottom feeder teams... Meaning that the Oilers would have the same or even more success as this season. It's not a very tough division at this point.

C: Everything that comes out of Flames fans' mouths is stupid. This is just par for the course.
Let me pull my flames jersey outta the emergency t.p pile and refute your claims

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yeah this was one of those situations where once it was announced Kucherov was going on LTIR and it saved the Lightning from having to make moves they didn't want to to become cap compliant your mind immediately fastforwarded to the end of the season and the potential for Kucherov to come off LTIR just in time for the playoffs and get added to the roster for game 1 of the playoffs. Well surprise surprise Kucherov is looking like he'll be coming off of LTIR for game 1 of the playoffs.

How is this not cap circumvention? The Lightning have a significant competitive advantage because they're going to have over $90M worth of players on their roster for the postseason. No other team is close to that and in fact most playoff teams are below the $81.5M in players they're supposed to have, and the players they do have on LTIR were legitimately injured during the course of the season.
On the other hand, how effective are they going to be, coming in cold in a heated SC game, especially Kucherov?

Reactions: oilers'72

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
I just finished reading a Toronto article about Matthews.

Says he could barely hold his stick at times.

Talks about how Matthews could stop playing and McDavid would still need 9 goals to catch him lol

Said he has been very innovate and has had the remarkable ability to score a wrap around goal and a deflection while "injured".

It shows how good of a playmaker Marner is. They shared 29% of their ice time the last 3 years. This year, 87%. Goals went up with a good playmaker.

marner has a primary assist on 18 of Matthews goals and 6 secondnary assists for a total of 24/39

Goals is the only thing that will ever be talked about with this guy. He is not even in the same stratosphere as others when it comes to making plays.

I am sorry, but scoring maybe 8-10 more goals than the next guy is great, but it is not this insane crazy year. I give him kudos for the rate he scores at,. That is eye popping. It's pretty insane how many goals he has scored in his last 82 games. I think it is well over 60?
Go on the comments and just leave "50 in 39 says hello"

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Maybe we catch TO for 1st and then Montreal beats out Winnipeg for 3rd. ;)
Might not be as far fetched as anyone thinks. Dependent on what happens tonight, if things roll that way, Montreal beats the Leafs and stays in contention for 3rd. And the Oilers continue to beat the Canucks and can pick up 4 points, they move to within 2 points of the Leafs with each team having 3 to play. Not sure who would get the nod for first if they wind up being tied, whether it's based on head to head, or ROW.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The fight filled game was totally expected last night, regardless of what Mike Johnson says. Had the NHL done the right thing and suspended the oft -suspended Wilson again, it's doubtful it would have vaulted to such hysterics out there. But when your players don't feel like they are protected from potential career ending actions, they are going to band together and do what they feel they must. Gawd, the NHL has f***ed this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad