Around the League 2020-21 Part 3, Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Links can be helpful in situations like these.

J.T. Miller on Vancouver Canucks' schedule: 'We're going to need more time' - TSN.ca
“I hope people don’t take this the wrong way, I’m a super competitive guy... but this isn’t about hockey for our team. This is about the health and safety of our players, their family and their children. This isn’t about making the playoffs.”

"What we're being asked to do is not going to be too safe, if you're asking me."

Miller did not test positive for COVID-19, but indicated it’s going to be hard for him to get up to speed considering the layoff, let alone for his teammates who did test positive for the virus.

"It's frustrating, we try to talk about our number one priority is our players health and their families safety and it's impossible to achieve that with what we're being asked to do," he said.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
what can you really do though? hold up all the playoff teams even if the canucks don't make it? how long?

i get that it's not ideal nor fun but the players could sequester themselves from their family for a few weeks if they want to play. can't really have your cake and eat it too in this situation

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
what can you really do though? hold up all the playoff teams even if the canucks don't make it? how long?

i get that it's not ideal nor fun but the players could sequester themselves from their family for a few weeks if they want to play. can't really have your cake and eat it too in this situation

The playoffs shouldn't be the primary concern, the health of the players and their families should. The variant they had, the Brazilian one, has severe symptoms. I know it's not the easiest decision, but the NHL should have thought of that i Jan and made a shorter, half season and allowed for situations like this.

Or, they tell the Canucks that they understand their concerns and give them the option of f0rfeiting a few games. IF they want another week or so, then those are the games they lose.

But their health should come first.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

Fuggin jeebus. Well, they were all hugging Grubauer after his last game between the pipes so you would think all the close contact had spread.

Selfishly this is really f***ing up my fantasy hockey season. :thumbd:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
J.T. Miller on Vancouver Canucks' schedule: 'We're going to need more time' - TSN.ca
“I hope people don’t take this the wrong way, I’m a super competitive guy... but this isn’t about hockey for our team. This is about the health and safety of our players, their family and their children. This isn’t about making the playoffs.”

"What we're being asked to do is not going to be too safe, if you're asking me."

Miller did not test positive for COVID-19, but indicated it’s going to be hard for him to get up to speed considering the layoff, let alone for his teammates who did test positive for the virus.

"It's frustrating, we try to talk about our number one priority is our players health and their families safety and it's impossible to achieve that with what we're being asked to do," he said.
Meh, the Canucks can just suspend their season and come back next year if the players feel they can't handle it.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
True. I think he will be headed to Russia this summer. As good as he is on the ice, I just can't see someone willing to take a chance on him with the way the US views things now.

the habs wanted to trade for him...so there will be interest. I hope it is with the Ducks or a LA rival so that we can see the kings beat the shit of him for the next 5 years.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Ovi waxing his stick. :naughty:

5KGgu.gif

Reactions: Lt Dan

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Screw both of them. They still deserve spoilers from us after the Jamie Storr hit in ‘98. The Torres hit was bad, but at least Stoll got back to 100%.

The Blues have continually, if begrudgingly, shown nothing but respect for the Kings and the aging vets.

SJS are still shitting their pants that Brown ruined their franchise and that Drew never deserved a Norris despite having front row seats to the biggest teeth kick-in of modern playoff history.

"screw both of them" to certain degrees, but SJS much much more for me.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Screws the Sharks, Blues and Coyotes. Take advantage of the games in hand and the return of Roy and Bjornfot. Make the playoffs.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
The Blues have continually, if begrudgingly, shown nothing but respect for the Kings and the aging vets.

SJS are still shitting their pants that Brown ruined their franchise and that Drew never deserved a Norris despite having front row seats to the biggest teeth kick-in of modern playoff history.

"screw both of them" to certain degrees, but SJS much much more for me.

:naughty:

I like that a national publication picked up on it.

Sharks' Joe Thornton had the saddest moment of the NHL playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad