Around The League 2020-21 offseason part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Four NHL teams exploring possibility of playing outdoor home games

Probably never going to happen, but it feels like the Devils should look into this with the Red Bulls stadium in Harrison.
I was not expecting Los Angeles to be one of the teams. I get that there are outdoor rinks in warmer places but those are smaller and the quality of ice doesn’t matter. I guess it’s doable or they wouldn’t suggest it.

The NHL has to be careful because the outdoor classics games have lost some novelty but having a bunch of regular season games would really hurt that brand. I’m being selfish here because I know while Devils fans would go to one special outdoor game there’s no way to get season ticket holders to sit outside in January and February on a regular basis so this doesn’t help us that much any way.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

NHL and NHLPA won’t be tweaking the MOU they signed 6 months ago so consider the financial wrangling as completed.

The two sides should be able to put together a playing outline to present to their governing bodies soon, I imagine.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
so if the non-bubble teams do end up getting extra training camp we should be seeing the boys soon

Reactions: glenwo2

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
A 48 game season would make more sense because they should leave themselves some leeway time wise in case of any games that get delayed. NFL and MLS both have had games postponed this year and MLS even had to switch to points per game for the standings because one team, Colorado, missed like 5 games.

It's going to be a lot like the NFL and MLS have been doing and what the NBA is gonna do. Some states/cities will allow fans with limited capacities and others won't allow fans at all. I'm expecting all season ticket holders in the league will get a chance to roll over their money to the 21-22 season or get a refund just like the NFL and MLS did. There's 0 chance NJ allows fans in basically a month's time, same goes for the Rangers and Islanders.

Last edited:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
the wild board are saying that guerin isn't culpable for skalde's dismissal, because at that point, he was already on the Wild's team, and someone was saying that Guerin's advice to be "quiet" might've been out of some lawyer advice for the team. so it might not fall on solely his shoulders

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Four NHL teams exploring possibility of playing outdoor home games

Probably never going to happen, but it feels like the Devils should look into this with the Red Bulls stadium in Harrison.

They honestly should hold a weekend of games with every team in Minnesota in middle late January on some frozen lakes up there. No fans anyway so don’t have to set up much infrastructure. This is going to be a once in a lifetime chance for the nhl to do something bold and different.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
the wild board are saying that guerin isn't culpable for skalde's dismissal, because at that point, he was already on the Wild's team, and someone was saying that Guerin's advice to be "quiet" might've been out of some lawyer advice for the team. so it might not fall on solely his shoulders

If this is true don't know why anyone would want Guerin to represent their organization...

"Guerin later advised Mr. Skalde that the Penguins were terminating Mr. Donatelli’s employment, but instructed [Jarrod] that knowledge of the incident and termination had to be suppressed, cautioning that it ‘has to stay quiet and can’t be let out,’” the lawsuit says"

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

Guerin's certainly not culpable for Skalde's dismissal, but if he had knowledge of sexual misconduct by Donatelli both before and more importantly during his tenure as coach of the Penguins and did nothing about it, that could be enough to get him canned in Minnesota. The keeping it quiet part could've been on the advice of lawyers, particularly since Skalde's allegations are tough to prove (though it appears that Donatelli basically admitted to it...or at least gave great credence to the possibility by suggesting he was blackout drunk), but allowing this guy to resign for "personal reasons" could've opened the door for continued behavior along these lines with another organization (though you would like to think the Penguins would've told any future prospective organizations considering hiring Donatelli exactly what led to his dismissal, but who knows).

Skalde's lawsuit alleges there was sexual misconduct going on by Donatelli during his time as head coach of the Penguins that Guerin knew about and did nothing, which eventually gave way to the situation that happened to the Skalde's.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
If this is true don't know why anyone would want Guerin to represent their organization...

"Guerin later advised Mr. Skalde that the Penguins were terminating Mr. Donatelli’s employment, but instructed [Jarrod] that knowledge of the incident and termination had to be suppressed, cautioning that it ‘has to stay quiet and can’t be let out,’” the lawsuit says"

Minnesota needs to conduct their own investigation and see how this case plays out in court. Certainly doesn't look good for Guerin, but they have to be reasonably sure of his role in this before making a move to terminate him, especially if they would try to void any of his contract due to his conduct.

Not sure how many years he signed or for how much, but he just came on board a few months ago so have to assume there are at least 3-5 years on that contract.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016

This would imply training camps start on the 28th (2 weeks) and the 7 bad teams start on the 21st (3 weeks).

Players from overseas will need to have come here the 7th (yesterday) to sit out the 14 day quarantine and make the Dec 21st training camp start.

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad