Around the League: 2019 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Wotton, incidentally was basically the 1990s version of Alex Biega - an intelligent, skilled defensive defender who was never given a chance, despite outplaying most of the guys in front of him, because he was 5’10.

Meanwhile we paraded through an absolutely horrific collection of defenders ahead of him like Dean Malkoc, Jason Strudwick, Chris McAllister, Jamie Huscroft, Enrico Ciccone, Chris Joseph and on and on.

Funny how history tends to repeat itself.

Carnal

May 29, 2018
Wotton, incidentally was basically the 1990s version of Alex Biega - an intelligent, skilled defensive defender who was never given a chance, despite outplaying most of the guys in front of him, because he was 5’10.

Meanwhile we paraded through an absolutely horrific collection of defenders ahead of him like Dean Malkoc, Jason Strudwick, Chris McAllister, Jamie Huscroft, Enrico Ciccone, Chris Joseph and on and on.

Luckily this time around the guys have earned it, instead of being top picks gift wrapped an eternity of playing time even though the drafting team of such players long ago gave up on their mistake. Luckily that doesn't sound familiar.

Sigh...

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Reposting for new thread: the best moment of the 2019 playoffs

UW0NJ29.gif

I'll see your Marchand crying gif and raise you a Walking Dead meme:

the-blues-jpg.236195

Did that guy delete his account? You know which guy I’m talking about. I miss him now more than ever before.
Oh, he'll be back. Moody teenagers are always pretending to quit internet sites. No doubt whatsoever we'll be seeing him again. Maybe I'll explain the Gambler's Fallacy to him for the twentieth time.

Last edited:

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006

He was a gamer. And Mike Weaver too, he was another little engine with a big heart. Carved out a decent career after the Canucks cast him off.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong

I mean who would want a guy who plays his heart out with a cheap contract as a bottom pairing d when you can sign guys like gardiner Sbisa gudbranson or Tyler Myers for 5 times the cost?

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

Carnal

May 29, 2018
I mean who would want a guy who plays his heart out with a cheap contract as a bottom pairing d when you can sign guys like gardiner Sbisa gudbranson or Tyler Myers for 5 times the cost?
With also 5 times the giveaways. 5 is a bigger number than 1 so they're better.

Reactions: LordBacon

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
TB just traded G Connor Ingram to NSH for a 7th round pick.

Former 2016 3rd round pick who has put up great numbers in AHL in first 57 games but sounds like there may have been some conflict between him and the org?

Would have happily paid that price for him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
TB just traded G Connor Ingram to NSH for a 7th round pick.

Former 2016 3rd round pick who has put up great numbers in AHL in first 57 games but sounds like there may have been some conflict between him and the org?

Would have happily paid that price for him.
I get the value part of what you are saying but from a development POV you would have him and dipietro in the A to share the job. Canucks need a veteran to call up in case of injury.

If Tb is unloading this guy likely means that they called around but didn’t get much interest if he goes for a 7th.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
I get the value part of what you are saying but from a development POV you would have him and dipietro in the A to share the job. Canucks need a veteran to call up in case of injury.

If Tb is unloading this guy likely means that they called around but didn’t get much interest if he goes for a 7th.
If DiPietro develops as well as Ingram that would be a win.

Ingram has a better AHL sv% than Demko and is two years younger. Ingram has both the best AHL sv% and most games played for a 97 born goalie.

And then Tampa demoted him to the ECHL. And despite that he still led the AHL this season with 6 shutouts. Somethin funny is going on.

Chill sets in as Crunch goalie remains banished to ECHL

Reactions: timw33

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Tough time in the season (offseason) to be unloading spare parts. Might be the right time to get some depth considering the trash on the Comets.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Matt Niskanen played 25 minutes a night in the playoffs on a team that won the cup, but he was bad last year.

I understand Gudas is an advanced stats darling, but there's just no way I consider him to be a better player than Matt Niskanen.

Reactions: TarasenkosForearm

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
Matt Niskanen played 25 minutes a night in the playoffs on a team that won the cup, but he was bad last year.

I understand Gudas is an advanced stats darling, but there's just no way I consider him to be a better player than Matt Niskanen.
Yeah but (smart) GM's don't make trades based on players skill level alone, they make trades based on contracts. Based on that alone, this is a huge win for WSH.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Niskanen used to be a great player but is very obviously a declining asset and Gudas at 3 Million is way better value than Niskanen at 6.75 Million.

Reactions: VanillaCoke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad