Around the League: 2019 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
When your scouts grab Pasta and McAvoy I think they are doing ok.
Thats way besides the point, which is they could've very easily had all 5.
Blowing those picks almost certainly cost them a cup, or 2.

But bc its Boston its a okay with me!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Thats way besides the point, which is they could've very easily had all 5.
Blowing those picks almost certainly cost them a cup, or 2.

But bc its Boston its a okay with me!
No Scouting staff is perfect is my point. TB passed on Jones for Drouin. What would a 20 year old Jones have done for them in the 2015 finals Or over the past few seasons.

Also passed on Forsberg for Slater K.

Even the best miss.

But correct in saying that Boston would be scary if they got the 3 guys after their picks in 2015.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
No Scouting staff is perfect is my point. TB passed on Jones for Drouin. What would a 20 year old Jones have done for them in the 2015 finals Or over the past few seasons.

Also passed on Forsberg for Slater K.

Even the best miss.

But correct in saying that Boston would be scary if they got the 3 guys after their picks in 2015.

Well the main difference with Yzerman was what he did with some of those picks that didn't work out, namely getting Sergachev for Drouin, Trading D'Angelo for pick package, and trading Connolly for 2 2nds. He cut bait on those who weren't working out for the team and got decent returns to help the team in the long run.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
You're missing the point entirely. Perfect scouting is irrelevant (but should really be better rhan it is for all teams) to the fact they missed SO badly. With 3 straight picks. And could've basically built a dynasty in 1 draft.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Reposting for new thread: the best moment of the 2019 playoffs

UW0NJ29.gif

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
The negative aspect of this Blues cup is that every team who obviously sucks ass in January next year will be convinced that they can still make a run.

Reactions: Sushiko

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
The negative aspect of this Blues cup is that every team who obviously sucks ass in January next year will be convinced that they can still make a run.

If the team is not in the playoff picture a few months into the next season we are 100% getting a "look at where the Blues were last January" quote from Jim Benning

Last edited:

Carnal

May 29, 2018
Reposting for new thread: the best moment of the 2019 playoffs

UW0NJ29.gif
I was surprised when I first saw him balling like that, tbh reminds of Kesler to the point where I'd almost have expect Ratchand to be mocking him.

O well, I'm still ecstatic, my temporary Blues fan card still hasn't expired. Im not a religious person but bless that team for what they did in Boston for game 7. And just love the fact that the GWG was due to Ratchand not getting off the ice and then poorly defending the rush.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

We are 100% guaranteed a Francesco tweet in January along the lines of "Well look at what STL did last year" during his ill-fated live tweet game.

Reactions: cookiefest

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
We have no animosity with the Blues whatsoever.
Yeah we’ve had playoff battles in the past but none has reached the level of hate as Chicago and Boston
We have the opposite of animosity as the 2011 team always took the night off when we played the Blues.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

so teams will believe in themselves for longer and try harder in the second half just to get to the playoffs?

sounds terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad