Around the League 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Barkov is so similar to Kopitar that home town fan criticism in both cities involves the same aspects of their games.

You're Anze Kopitar. You play for the LA Kings. My Dad has season tickets. He says you don't work hard enough on the power play. He says sometimes you just stand on the half-wall for the entire two minutes.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
They really are fun, I watch just about every one of their games and the growth through the season has been fantastic. I am really jealous of the Flyers 2015 draft, what a franchise changer that has turned out to be.
I mean sure but all they had to do was burn through Richards, Carter, Giroux and Voracek to get there. Plus you’re talking about a draft from 5 years ago.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I mean sure but all they had to do was burn through Richards, Carter, Giroux and Voracek to get there. Plus you’re talking about a draft from 5 years ago.

I was just saying that getting a number 1 defenseman and a top line forward in one draft is pretty huge. It did take them a long time to get where they are(and 3 GM's), but they do look good right now.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I was just saying that getting a number 1 defenseman and a top line forward in one draft is pretty huge. It did take them a long time to get where they are(and 3 GM's), but they do look good right now.
Yeah sorry didn’t mean to seem like I was razzing you, just that they have eaten through a lot of talent to get where they are. They’ve got some good pieces now for sure though.

Reactions: crassbonanza

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Pretty sure most of us do not pay much attention to Minnesota. Kevin Fiala is having a real strong year over there.

The 23-year-old has at least a goal and an assist in each of his last five games including 1+1 and 7 SOG on Tuesday as the Wild knocked off his old squad. He’s averaging over four shots per game over that stretch. He has 44 points in his last 46 games.

Really liked that trade on deadline day last season for the Wild when Mikael Granlund went the other way who has been average, at best in Nashville. Fiala just never got it going in Music City and the change of scenery has served him well.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Pretty sure most of us do not pay much attention to Minnesota. Kevin Fiala is having a real strong year over there.

The 23-year-old has at least a goal and an assist in each of his last five games including 1+1 and 7 SOG on Tuesday as the Wild knocked off his old squad. He’s averaging over four shots per game over that stretch. He has 44 points in his last 46 games.

Really liked that trade on deadline day last season for the Wild when Mikael Granlund went the other way who has been average, at best in Nashville. Fiala just never got it going in Music City and the change of scenery has served him well.
You could almost say he's been reborn... ;)

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Fiala is a guy I thought we could have received in a package from Nashville for Carter around four years ago. Would have been a good deal for the Kings.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Fiala is a guy I thought we could have received in a package from Nashville for Carter around four years ago. Would have been a good deal for the Kings.

3 or 4 years ago I suggested Carter for Pageau and a pick.

giphy.gif

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Nashville was desperate for offense heading into the playoffs. I think it would have worked, because Fiala had only played around 50 games in the NHL.

At the time people around here were upset about giving up Carter when any trade involving him was mentioned. Now it's crazy to think the Kings could have landed a young unproven forward from a team that was continuously overpaying for lesser assets for a playoff push several years in a row?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Nashville was desperate for offense heading into the playoffs. I think it would have worked, because Fiala had only played around 50 games in the NHL.

At the time people around here were upset about giving up Carter when any trade involving him was mentioned. Now it's crazy to think the Kings could have landed a young unproven forward from a team that was continuously overpaying for lesser assets for a playoff push several years in a row?

How desperate were they? They didn't make any significant in season trades in 16-17.

2017 deadline, Carter was 32, with 5 years left. Yes, it's probably a little crazy to think they could've landed what was at the time a 20 year old less than 3 years removed from being the 11th overall pick. It would've been a great trade, if it existed to be made.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
At least 1 of Calgary, Vancouver, or Arizona will make the playoffs. Vancouver might be real if they have their goalie. Calgary is surviving on their SO record. Arizona is barely still in it, and it's also because of their SO record, but it's not as good as Calgary's.

Really interested to see what the Canucks and Coyotes have to bring tonight. Will either team really want it? Does either have what it takes to want it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad