Around the League 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
This is going to hurt for years. It sucks that players can do that and it happened to the Hawks with Kevin Hayes....maybe it’s karma. We wouldn’t have Peterson if he signed with Buffalo...

Very true. You can't make a player sign a contract if he doesn't want to. Especially a 7th rounder who wants a 1 way deal.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Or lucking out themselves. Kopitar is the Tarasenko of many teams.

It's the same with refs. Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn't.

Yeah, I dare anyone to mention the name "Brian Lee" in front of Ottawa fans. It causes worse reactions than "Norris Winner Drew Doughty."

Reactions: KingsFan7824

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The Penguins get swept by all three California teams. The Penguins are not looking so hot right about now.

tumblr_m20j17pBKl1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
So, are the Flyers actually good? They are slaughtering the Rangers and are well on their way to a 6th straight win. That Hayes signing that was mocked by so many twitter GM's has been paying off and the team now has a nice blend of skill and grit. I could see a decent run from them if they can secure home ice advantage.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
So, are the Flyers actually good? They are slaughtering the Rangers and are well on their way to a 6th straight win. That Hayes signing that was mocked by so many twitter GM's has been paying off and the team now has a nice blend of skill and grit. I could see a decent run from them if they can secure home ice advantage.

They are going to be a tough out in the playoffs. Their special teams are much improved from last season and I believe I heard a stat during today’s game that they allow the least amount of shots per game in the league.

Also helps they have a real solid goalie in Hart and a better coaching staff than previous seasons.

I like the direction they are headed in.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

Some of that talented Hexy drafted are growing into fine young players with more on the way. Konecky is steal for what they signed him for, first legit pure scorer since the Carter/Gagne days. Hart is the goalie they have needed for decades and Couturier the leader they've missed who is also a helluva 2 way player. Rangers losing Kreider and Shesterkin really hurt them.
ANd the Flyers got hot at the right time, as they have won 6 straight while every other team in the division are on losing streaks. That is a huge point swing. Now the Caps should win tonight, which will put the up by 3 but it makes that Wens game with the Flyers a pivotal one.

They are fun to watch.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Some of that talented Hexy drafted are growing into fine young players with more on the way. Konecky is steal for what they signed him for, first legit pure scorer since the Carter/Gagne days. Hart is the goalie they have needed for decades and Couturier the leader they've missed who is also a helluva 2 way player. Rangers losing Kreider and Shesterkin really hurt them.
ANd the Flyers got hot at the right time, as they have won 6 straight while every other team in the division are on losing streaks. That is a huge point swing. Now the Caps should win tonight, which will put the up by 3 but it makes that Wens game with the Flyers a pivotal one.

They are fun to watch.

They really are fun, I watch just about every one of their games and the growth through the season has been fantastic. I am really jealous of the Flyers 2015 draft, what a franchise changer that has turned out to be.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Panthers continue sinking in the east and their playoff chances are dwindling. I can't see how Dale Tallon returns as GM next season. He's created a financial mess over in Florida. Similar to what led to his exit from Chicago.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
The Panthers continue sinking in the east and their playoff chances are dwindling. I can't see how Dale Tallon returns as GM next season. He's created a financial mess over in Florida. Similar to what led to his exit from Chicago.
I’m predicting that Tallon will get blown out in Florida, as will Bowman in Chicago. Bowman gets hired by the Panthers.
I know it’s a long shot, but just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad