Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I still remember Buffalo's saying how Pegula is going to be one of the best owners in the league and will finally take them to the top. Good times, good times.

Hopefully Pegula can drive the Bills into the ground too.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Last year it was Carbonneau, this year it’s Kevin Lowe. The HHOF standards to get in are plummeting every year.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I still remember Buffalo's saying how Pegula is going to be one of the best owners in the league and will finally take them to the top. Good times, good times.

Hopefully Pegula can drive the Bills into the ground too.
Looks like he is taking them to the top of the draft.

I haven't read in on them much - I think they were allocating a lot of money. Are they bad with decisions/intentions?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Looking at that Buffalo cleaning house.

Id be shocked if Eichel doesn't demand a trade... there is no light in that tunnel... even with Dahlin + cozens + Olofsson + who ever they get this year. Eichel + dahlin make that team too good to get a top 5 pick, but not good enough for a playoff spot and they have some awful contracts.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Looking at that Buffalo cleaning house.

Id be shocked if Eichel doesn't demand a trade... there is no light in that tunnel... even with Dahlin + cozens + Olofsson + who ever they get this year. Eichel + dahlin make that team too good to get a top 5 pick, but not good enough for a playoff spot and they have some awful contracts.
Dude there is plenty of light at the end of a tunnel with 2 franchise players that are 20 and 23. They have terrible management. That’s the only issue with that team

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
As I understand the situation, there's now a new 6-year CBA in place until 2026, replacing the last 2 years of the old CBA? Or is this still missing the final signatures?

If the former, do we know if there's a summary of the most important changes somewhere?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
As I understand the situation, there's now a new 6-year CBA in place until 2026, replacing the last 2 years of the old CBA? Or is this still missing the final signatures?

If the former, do we know if there's a summary of the most important changes somewhere?

The players still need to ratify the deal which should be done tomorrow. Most of the key things negotiated involve escrow, salary deferrals and the back to play dates/rules but below are a few things I’ve read on Twitter that stood out, I’m sure there’s a full summary somewhere:

- a flat cap of $81.5M until revenues hit $4.8 bn
- NTCs travel with the player after they’re moved
- players will be going to the Olympics
- year to year salary variances can only be 35%, not 50%

TBH unless I’ve missed something major (which is possible) there weren’t any huge changes.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Loui Eriksson has the (equal) highest cap hit on the team. Let that one sink in...
i forget he's still playing

doesn't feel like that long ago when him and ribeiro would turn into gretzky and messier whenever they played the ducks

Reactions: Kalv

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Kase unfit to skate today (Pastrnak as well FWIW). Both skated yesterday.

I think that’s due to quarantine rules isn’t it? They’re not allowed on the ice at the same time as the others yet. I think that’s what I read.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think that’s due to quarantine rules isn’t it? They’re not allowed on the ice at the same time as the others yet. I think that’s what I read.
Tbh not sure and you might be right.
Want Kase to do good, he's a good kid

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
i forget he's still playing

doesn't feel like that long ago when him and ribeiro would turn into gretzky and messier whenever they played the ducks

Exactly. Also, I remember Eriksson scoring against team Finland as well so I had double despise for him.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I know it’s not confirmed or anything but if Kase has covid; it’s almost to be expected. If someone would have had a poll that asked player most likely to get covid; I’d have said him immediately. Dude is a magnet to anything to keep him from playing hockey.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I know it’s not confirmed or anything but if Kase has covid; it’s almost to be expected. If someone would have had a poll that asked player most likely to get covid; I’d have said him immediately. Dude is a magnet to anything to keep him from playing hockey.
remember kase missed an extended period of time in Feb due to illness?

wouldn't be surprised if he had it back then. but if he didn't, then he certainly has it now

Reactions: Duck Off

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Seattle gets their team name today, should be cool to put a face to the team.

Im pretty excited, and already talked my gf into getting tickets for opening night game in Seattle(assuming fans will be able to go by then )

I would be excited for names like Sockeyes/Kraken... i dont think Emeralds is an option but i think it would have been a good name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad